The hard part hairstyle you can say is a metamorphosis of the classic side part hairstyle, with a variation added to make it a contemporary and trendy hard part hair style for men.
What is a Hard Part Haircut?
Unlike the side part, the hair is trimmed to the scalp with the sides left short and the parting distinctly visible when having the hard part hairstyle. This hair style matches well with fades, undercuts, combovers and spikes because of the striking contrast created by shaving the part.
How to Cut Hard Part Haircut
- To flaunt the men’s hard part haircut, you will need the help of a professional barber.
- First of all decide which area of the scalp you choose for the hard part line
Get the area on the scalp wet with water where you need to have the hard part, but make sure that the part is made just off the middle of the scalp to allow some hair on the top to remain.
- Your barber will then demarcate the hard part line on the scalp with the help of a razor which has a straight edge.
- Decide whether you want to have a thick or thin hard part and inform about your choice to your barber.
- A clear marking I made to make visible the beginning and the end of the hard part.
- A shaving gel is applied to the hair and massaged on the scalp for cutting and shaving easily.
- Then the hair is trimmed and shaved with a trimmer. The whiteness of the scalp is exposed more and more as the hair is trimmed shorter to the scalp.
- Then the hard part will be smoothened and lined perfectly to create a striking contrast.
- Decide what you want to do with the top hair, whether to have a pompadour, side sweep, combover or a quiff.
- Finish the styling with the hairstyle of your choice for the hair on the top and have your barber to give a twist to add more style to the mens hairstyles hard part.
How to style the Hard Part
There are no such rigid guidelines for having a hard part, as this is not actually styling the hair, instead creating a line along the scalp.
- Let your hair grow to the required length for styling the hard part
Wet the hair
- Use a sharp edge trimmer to shorten the hair to the scalp as much as possible
- Apply a pomade or a gel to the hair on the top
- Use a razor with straight and sharp edge to cut the hard part on the scalp
- Style the hair away from the parting
- Smoothen the tufts that may be formed
- The hair is swept to one side with a comb
- Style with an undercut or a pompadour or any other style that can be best suited to the shape of your face
- Finish the styling with a spin here and there to make the hair style look trendy
The Quiff: The Quiff hairstyle can very well complement the hard part haircut, where the hair on the back and sides are kept shorter than those on the top for easy styling.
The Undercut: The hair on the sides and around the ears is cut very short to the skin to form an undercut to create a contrast with the long hair on the top.
The Flat Top: The flat top haircut involves the hair on the top to be cut short so as to make them stand up and thus forming the shape of a deck.
Here you will find 15 of the contemporary hard part hair styles that have been chosen carefully.
Best 15 Hard Part Hair Cuts for Men
If you can get this mid skin fade pomp over with hard part hairstyle perfect with a number of hard lines created on the shaved sides, there can be no better hairstyle to enhance your features. The patterns of the hard lines make this hairstyle more creative and innovative.
Afro Fade with Hard Part and Line Up
This hard part fade hairstyle is a popular one with black men, where the hard part is on one side close to the ears and a line cut from one side to the other along the forehead. Curly hair on the top will be perfectly matched to enhance the hair style.
Deep Part with Brown Bun
This is one of the most modern mens hairstyles hard part. The hard part is created by a line circling the top part of the hair, which is formed into a bun by pulling the long hairs and tied with a knot. This separates the crown hair to add to the style.
Burst and Fade Mohawk
This hard part Mohawk hairstyle is a creative one and perfectly compliments the hard part. The hair on the top is cut short and the hard part is noticeable at the back close to the neck. The sides are fade to create a striking contrast to this hairstyle.
Sleeky Spiky Hard Part
Spiky hairstyles can go well with hard part hairstyles and this one is an example which clearly showcases the compliment of the hair style. The hard part is on the side and the hair on the top is spiked by using a hair product. The sides are cut short to the scalp.
Perfectly Shaved Hard Part
The neatly trimmed side hairs and the combover hair on the top are all done in a perfect way. The hard part is a striking contrast to the combover and the fade adds to the comb over hard part style. Even the facial hair is trimmed to perfection to compliment the hairstyle.
The Tousled Hard Part
In this hairstyle the hair on the top are kept long and tousled. The hair on the side is cut to medium length and the area around the ears are fade with two hard part being noticed on the same side of the fade. A long beard matches the hairstyle perfectly.
This is one of the modern men’s hard part haircut, where the hard part starts at one point and circles round the top of the head to end at another point. This razor shaved haircut is an experimental one and can add life to even the dullest hairstyles.
The Short Pompadour
Here the hair on the top is long and styled to be a short pompadour. There are two hard parts forming a triangle and separating the pompadour with the side undercut. The sideburns just stop at the beard line to make the whole style unique.
Waves Hard Part
This is a hard part hairstyle where the waves look more stunning because of the hard part which is made deep in order to form a contrast with the back and the fade sides and the wavy hair. This hairstyle is easy to style and needs minimum maintenance.
Long Combover Hard Part
In this hairstyle you will need the long hair on the top to be combed over neatly to one side and the hard part cut narrowly and not deeply to form the demarcation between the comb over and the fade side. It minimizes the stubble appearance.
Messy and Textured
You will need to dye your hair to make this hairstyle more appealing. The messy part and perfect texture and a not too hard contour just blow the top make this hairstyle a unique one. The contrast between the two levels of hair is noticeable here.
Faux Hawk with High Parting
The hard part hair styling with Faux Hawk and a high parting is easy to style. Here the faux hawk is slicked back with the high parting stretching from the forehead right up to the crown, making the hairstyle unique. The versatility of the sidelines is evident here.
The Hard Part Braid
Braids are popular among all hairstyles ad when combined with hard part, the hairstyles look amazing. In this hairstyle the long hairs on the top are braided in a Viking style and the sideline is automatically created round the braid. This is a truly creative hairstyle.
Extra High Pompadour
In this mid skin fade pomp over with hard part hairstyle, the pompadour is given an extra height unlike other pompadour styles. The curvy sideline, which is deeply cut with a razor completes this haircut to look modern. The extra height of the pomp is achieved by blowing the hair.
All you need to flaunt these mens hairstyles hard part is to take help of a professional barber.
Table of Content
- What is a Hard Part Haircut?
- How to Cut Hard Part Haircut
- How to style the Hard Part
- Best 15 Hard Part Hair Cuts for Men
- Pompadour Disconnected
- Afro Fade with Hard Part and Line Up
- Deep Part with Brown Bun
- Burst and Fade Mohawk
- Sleeky Spiky Hard Part
- Perfectly Shaved Hard Part
- The Tousled Hard Part
- Doubled Contour
- The Short Pompadour
- Waves Hard Part
- Long Combover Hard Part
- Messy and Textured
- Faux Hawk with High Parting
- The Hard Part Braid
- Extra High Pompadour