It has been a recent trend in hair styling that guys are taking to dyeing their hair in many colors and dyeing the hair in brown requires some special techniques. There are some special ways by which you can ensure that dyeing your hair brown is long lasting, making the hair style vibrant.
How to Dye Your Hair Brown for Guys
Step 1 – The first step is to lighten your hair as much possible. This will need a clarifying shampoo that will help to remove the color of the hair without damaging it.
Step 2 – If you have dyed your hair before you will need a color remover to remove the dyes and make the hair ready for re dyeing. Follow the instructions for removing the color. If the color remover does not work as desired, you may have to bleach the hair in order to dye it again in brown.
Step 3 – Treat your hair with a deep conditioner so that any damage done by the color remover or bleach may be repaired. Leave your hair for at least two weeks before you start dyeing it in brown.
Step 4 – Wear an old T shirt, wrap your neck with a towel and wear a pair of gloves in order to protect your skin and body during the dyeing process. Apply some petroleum jelly along your hairline so that the skin does not get stained.
Step 5 – Wash your hair thoroughly using a shampoo that can penetrate the strands to remove any stain still sticking to the hair.
Step 6 – Mix the brown dye in a bowl as per instructions given on the packet.
Step 7 – Apply the dye on the hair in small sections using a brush and a comb. Use clips to separate the top portion of your hair with the bottom part so that the entire hair is dyed.
Step 8 – Put on a shower cap to leave your hair for the time till the dye settles completely on the hair. Keep a watch on the time taken for the dye to stick on the hair.
Step 9 – Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and dry the hair using a towel.
For temporary dyeing your hair white use as little peroxide as possible. Also use a little bit of the purple toner so that the natural color of the hair not completely wiped off.
For semi-permanent dyeing you will need to bleach the hair twice to three times within a week. It will help you to stay with the bleach for at least six months.
Permanent Dyeing – Repeat the process of bleaching using strong peroxide and toner once every 15 days and very soon you will achieve a permanent bleach.
How to Maintain Brown Hair
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of water and white vinegar immediately after dyeing. Shampoo your hair and use a conditioner after rinsing with vinegar.
- Wash your as less frequently you can. Two times of washing your hair a week is enough. Use cool water and a conditioner after each wash.
- Stay away from heat treatment to prevent your hair from fading.
- Dye your hair every three weeks to maintain your dye properly.
Some Tips on Highlighting your Hair from Home
- Choose a kit that will help you give the desired effect. Read the instructions carefully before going for the highlights.
- Go for the strand test to be sure that your hair is ready for the highlights. Repeat the steps as instructed on the kit, applying the mixture so that your hair looks natural.
- Put on the plastic cap and use an adult toothbrush for highlighting the front portion and a baby brush for the back part.
- Part your hair in the normal way and paint the mixture to one inch sections. Keep one centimeter from the scalp and then proceed to half inch thin streaks at the middle portion of your head.
- Apply quarter inch spaces at the back.
- Do not be strict on placement of the highlights, make it evenly spaced.
- Leave the dye for as long as suggested by the test and then shampoo your hair well. Apply a conditioner for deep conditioning the hair.
6 Best Brown Color Hair Dyes for Men
#1: Clairol Natural Instincts
About the product: This is a brown hair dye which can be used for colouring your moustache, beard and hair. It is a hair colour that provides Hundred percentage coverage of the grey hair.
- Made from natural ingredients.
- It has goodness of Aloe Vera.
- It is ammonia free.
- It is rich in vitamin E which provides nourishment to the hair.
- It takes less time to colour the hair.
- May cause redness
- May leave Stains on cloths and skin
This is a universal colour which leaves the hair soft and nourished. It is an easy to apply hair colour that gives fast results and full coverage.
#2: Vegetal Safe Color
About the product : This is a hair colour that is used by professionals worldwide. It provides lustre to the hair and keeps it nourished throughout. It not just dyes your hair perfectly but also protects the hair against the damage that is caused to the hair due to the colouring.
- It is made up of organic ingredients
- Provides lustre
- Protects the hair against damage
- Ammonia free
- It is a semi-permanent hair colour
- It stains your skin
- Might not dye the hair uniformly
- Turns grey hair to an orange colour
This is a perfect product for those who want a natural finish after colouring the hair. It gives a good finish to the hair and the hair looks healthy and natural after colouring it.it does not fade out easily and stays on for at least four weeks.
#3: Min New York Color kit
About the product: The best feature about the product is that it has been recommended by the professional hairstylists. It has been featured in one of the top magazines as the best hair colour namely 100 rules of looking great.
- It is easy to apply
- Provides quick results
- Lasts for longer time
- Solon finish
- There might be chemical smell
- It stains the skin and the cloths
- Not good for hair that has undergone any kind of treatments.
This product provides semi permanent finish to the hair. It protects the hair from the damage. It leaves the hair nourished and soft. If proper care is taken the colour lasts on the hair for five to six weeks.
#4: Just for men
About the product: This product is specially crafted for men. It looks after the texture and stays for a longer time. It protects the hair and caused less hair damage.
- Quick and easy application
- Pack of 6
- Good finish
- Unpleasant chemical smell
- Stains cloths
This product could be trusted for regular hair colour routine. This provides care and nourishment to the hair. It also provides 100 % coverage of grey hair.
#5: Halsa Men Hair Color
About the product: It is the quickest hair colour. So, if you are in a hurry and you want to colour your hair this is one of the best options available in the market. It is made up of natural formula that does not hamper the natural texture and lustre of the hair.
- Natural ingredients
- 5 minutes application
- Perfect blending of grey hair
- Leaves behind healthy hair
- Leaves behind stains on skin
- May cause irritation on the skin
This is one of the best products that is available in the market to get quick grey hair coverage. It is scalp friendly so it does not hair the hair and the scalp. It helps you cover the grey hair so that it merges with the rest of the hair.
#6: Vegetal safe Beard Colour
About the product: This product is for the beard and the moustaches. It is completely natural and has a long-lasting effect. It not just protects the hair but also provides them strength and conditioning. It prevents the beard hair from becoming rough and dull.
- 100% herbal ingredients
- Maximum coverage
- Provides strength to the hair
- Messy application
- Fades off quickly
This is a good product for regular colouring of the hair. It provides nourishment and prevents the hair from breakage. It fades off easily so you will have to apply it regularly to maintain the grey hair coverage.
Here are 10 hair styles for guys with Brown Dyed Hair
Guys with warm skin tone can choose this hairstyle because it can match the olive or yellow undertones and look more appealing and detailed. Hose curly hairs can make this an obvious choice.
Wavy Medium Brown Hairstyle
This wavy medium hairstyle has a side parting with the hair brushed backwards and to the sides. A truly inspirational hair style.
Medium Neutral Brown
This is a versatile hairstyle which can complement a range of skin tones. The medium length hair is dyed neutral brown and complements a range of strand texture.
Short and light Brown Hairstyle
The hair is cut short and neatly dressed after dyeing it in light brown. A hair style for any occasion.
Neutral Brown Hair style
This is an interesting hairstyle, where the hair is dyed neutral brown and is side swept. This layered hairstyle matches those with warm complexion.
The brown color is so deep that it looks almost black. Those with neutral skin tone and deep complexion can wear this professional hair style.
Cool and Light Brown
This is a cool hair style where the hair is dyed in light brown and styled with a back brush sweep. A hairstyle for formal occasions.
This is a unique hairstyle, where the brown highlights are seen on some parts of the hair on the top. This gives this style a stylish appearance and adds texture which is much needed.
Short and Brown
This is stylish hair cut, where the hair is cut short and dyed in brown. A small part at the side is noticeable from where the hair is brushed to the sides and the back.
Ash Brown Hairstyle
You will have a choice of variations in styling if you dye your hair in ash brown. Your hair will look thicker than fair hair.
Table of Content
- How to Dye Your Hair Brown for Guys
- 6 Best Brown Color Hair Dyes for Men