Silver dyeing for men: Styling the hair grey or silver can be the best options for men of all ages in order to look outstanding like celebrities and personalities that can influence the social media. If you are one of those looking for inspirational hair styling, here are some tips that you will find helpful for styling your hair silver or grey and the ways to maintain the dyed hair.
How to Dye Your Hair Gray/Silver:
- In order to dye your hair grey, you need to bleach your hair first and then proceed to dyeing it grey. Here are the steps for bleaching the hair.
- Keep on hand all that will need for bleaching, like powdered bleach, volume developer, brush, shampoo, mixing bowl and gloves.
- Take one third of the volume developer and mix it with the powdered bleach in the mixiTreat your hair with ng bowl, stirring gently till the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Use an apron or an old short to prevent your body or clothes from being spoiled from any spillage.
- Apply he mixture to your hair starting from the tips and gradually down to the hair roots, being careful to cover all the sections of the hair.
- Keep it for 30 to 60 minutes, checking for any breakage, repeating the application wherever required.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo, ensuring that there is no bleach left.
- To achieve the desired shade, apply a mixture of the toner and the developer.
Best Silver Hair Dye
1. Instant Silver Grey Hair Wax Temporary Hairstyle Cream
This hair style cream from the brand MS. DEAR can be used for both styling and colouring of hair for both men and women.
The product is a temporary hair colour made from beeswax and brazil palm wax, making it easy to colour your hair just with the help of fingers. As the cream also contains tea extract, your scalp will be free from irritation and allergies.
After application, your hair achieves a silver colour, getting you instantly ready for the party. The colour is also perfect for festivals, events, halloween and fancy dress. As it gives an ash colour to the hair, the colour is perfect for black, brown and blonde hair.
The product comes as a 119-gram bottle, which comes for 3 uses for men with short hair and for girls with short hair, it comes for 2 uses. And, for long hair, you can use it for one application.
- It is not sticky in nature, so it is easy to wash.
- Nourishes your hair and gives shine.
- Has a pleasant smell.
- 100% safe product as it has herbal ingredients.
- Mild scent.
- Dries up fast.
2. TailaiMei Store Temporary Silver Gray Hair Wax
This temporary hair colour cream from TailaiMei store is perfect for those looking to colour their hair for various events and occasions without causing much damage to the roots.
The dye is made from plant extracts, so it doesn’t harm your health. Also, these natural ingredients let the wax have a pleasant smell.
You can easily apply the wax to your hair using your finger, just how you apply a highlighter. Then you can simply brush the hair to evenly spread the wax.
As it gives a silver tinge to the hair, it is best for people with brown and black hair. You can simply wash off your hair with a mild shampoo after a few hours and notice a beautiful shine and colour to the hair which lasts for a few days.
- The colour doesn’t come off easily even if you get wet under rain.
- Ideal for halloween, festivals, shows or fashion events.
- The colour looks good on any hair style.
- Easy to apply with fingers.
- Not too thick.
- You can use it as a highlighter or for the entire hair.
- A bit sticky.
3. NYKKOLA Unisex Hair Wax Color Styling Cream
This temporary hair colour wax from the brand NYKKOLA comes in the right consistency, to not only act as a dye but also to mould your hair according to the style you wish.
The cream is made of beeswax, tea extract and castor oil, so it is all natural and has no pungent smell that irritates you.
As it contains all natural ingredients, the cream can be applied right from the scalp to achieve the look you want. Also, it doesn’t cause any hair fall even if you repeatedly use it.
Coming in a 120 grams container, it lasts for many uses if you use it as a highlighter. If you want to apply all over your hair, it lasts for 2 to 3 uses for short hair and 1 use for long hair (up to the waist).
- Best alternative to bleaching.
- Doesn’t cause any skin irritations.
- Looks great on black, brown and blonde hair colours.
- Can make the hair dry.
4. Hair Coloring Pomade Silver Grey Temporary Hair Color Dye
Bea Girl is a local American brand that deals with beauty and makeup products and offers all the products at reasonable prices.
This temporary hair colour from the brand is the best alternative to bleach and it doesn’t damage your
It is made from natural ingredients like beeswax, carnauba wax and mineral oil, helping the cream achieve the right texture, so you can easily apply it with your fingers. Meanwhile, the wax doesn’t stick to your hand while applying, so it saves time especially when you are in a hurry for Halloween or any event.
Once you apply the product to the hair, you just have to blow dry it after leaving the cream for a few hours. Then, your hair will be ready for all kinds of styling using the heating tools. Also, the cream leaves a lasting shine to the hair no matter what hairstyle you do.
- Can be used for mustache as well.
- The colour stays intact even after shampooing.
- Can be used for kids too.
- Leaves your hair to be manageable.
- Nothing specific to mention.
5. Temporary Silver Gray Hair Wax Pomade
About the Product: this product is made with 100% natural ingredients and does not cause any harm to hair or the scalp. It does not make the slap irritable or cause any other detriment to the health of the individual using the product. It is a great agent to style as well as colour your hair silver/grey. It is easy to apply this product and is also easy to wash it off. It provides instant hair colouring to your hair making them look as stunning as ever. It is a preferred product by customers from all over the world.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Easy solution to colour and style hair
- Water based formula which is easy to apply
- It is easy to remove this product too
- It works the best on light coloured hair.
- May cause hair fall
- May cause dryness of hair
- Continuous usage may result in split ends
- May not work well on dark coloured hair.
Tips for styling Gray/Silver Hair
- Treat your hair with TLC, which means deep conditioning, hair masks or using natural alternatives such as coconut oil.
- Use holds for the hair, which are clay based to add more texture and volume to the hair. Look out for holds that have bentonite as one of the ingredients, which acts as a good filler and gives that extra shine.
- A little spray of oil based product for styling along with the matte clay will give the hair a natural looking texture, which, otherwise would be hard to achieve through other ways.
How To Maintain Silver/Grey Hair for Men
- Abstain from washing your hair often and use products that are color-safe and sulfate-free.
- Use products that belong to the matte range, because shiny or oily products can give the hair a yellowish tinge.
- In order to keep the hair frizzy and healthy, apply a deep conditioner only once a week.
- Go for quality toning tips that will keep your hair grey and remove any tinge of yellow that may remain in between the strands.
15 Best Ideas About Grey/Silver Hair Men
Here are 15 Grey/Silver hair dyed styles that have been hand picked for you, from which you can choose the ones that can make you a king of the silver foxes.
The Comb over
This grey hairstyle is stylish and simple, where the hair is combed back and to the sides as the comb goes further towards the back. The sides are clipped and a small pompadour or a quiff can add weight to the hair style. Ideal for older men with grey hair.
The Classic Side Part
The classic side part can match men with dense grey hair, regardless of the age. You can look great s a bad boy with the grey or silver dye being applied meticulously.
A great example of what added texture and volume can do to make this hairstyle make a bold statement. A quality product is used to accentuate the waves. Straight hair can also be tamed to sport this hairstyle, using a quality styling product.
Snow white hair can look intimidating with this short chop hair style for grey hair. With the hair on the top is cut to mid length and styled flat, the sides are cut short. Use of natural products can accentuate the hairstyle, which looks messy and full of fun.
The Slicked Back Hairstyle
This hairstyle for grey hair is timeless, where the combo of a slicked back straight forward hairstyle and a grey mustache make a classy statement. Even without the mustache you can have this hairstyle but you will need the skills of a professional barber.
This hairstyle for grey hair is a perfect example of hair styling for grey hair during the transitional period, when the hair begins to transform into grey from dark color. Although a common cut, this grey hair style adds depth to the creative styling. A white beard can add to the styling effect.
The Close Buzz
Men with grey and thinning hair will find the close buzz cut hairstyle a perfect match. The hair is cut too short looking as though there is no hair, but this hairstyle can really highlight the baldness. A trimmed beard can well complement the hairstyle for grey hair.
The Longer Grey Hairstyle
If you want to age with style, this hairstyle can be an ideal choice, where the hair is kept longer and the tips of the hair is bleached grey and the roots showing the natural hair.
Brush Up Hairstyle
The brush up hairstyle for grey hair can add a dramatic statement and add weight to the style, communicating sophistication. The overall length of the hair can be kept to 3 inches, with the top slightly shorter. Using a brush, style the hair upward with the back and the sides trimmed with a scissor.
Mature Grey Hairstyle
You can show off your grey hairstyle, where the style looks more mature than showing signs of aging. When styled to perfection, this grey hairstyle can bring great balance to the protégé s well as the professionals.
The undercut hairstyle has always been a popular and striking hairstyle, even if it is sported by men with grey hair. This is a dapper hairstyle, where the receding hairline is camouflaged with the slicked back undercut and buzzed sides to be a truly contemporary hairstyle for grey hair.
Spiked and messy
Whether you are in your late fifties or forties, this spiked and messy hairstyle for grey hair can make you look much younger. The hair is spiked on the top and made messy. You can use a styling product that has a lesser hold on the hair so that you can achieve the messy look.
The Short Hairstyle
This short grey hairstyle is both fashionable as well as functional, where the hairstyle looks smarter because the coarseness of the hair can be tamed. You will need the hair on the top to be about an inch, with the back and the sides trimmed.
Mop Style Retro Look
The mop style retro look hairstyle for grey hair could be an ideal hairstyle to take you back to the vintage days. It is also a unique option for men having receding hairline, because the hairstyle gives fullness to the hair.
The Angular Fringe
This hairstyle for grey hair is a casual and messy hairstyle, where the angular fringe gives a flow to the hairstyle. The bangs are kept to 1 to 2 inches to give a messy look. Except for that, this style is a tidy one.