Silver dyeing for men: Styling the hair grey or silver can be the best options for men of all ages in order to look outstanding like celebrities and personalities that can influence the social media. If you are one of those looking for inspirational hair styling, here are some tips that you will find helpful for styling your hair silver or grey and the ways to maintain the dyed hair.
How to Dye Your Hair Gray/Silver:
- In order to dye your hair grey, you need to bleach your hair first and then proceed to dyeing it grey. Here are the steps for bleaching the hair.
- Keep on hand all that will need for bleaching, like powdered bleach, volume developer, brush, shampoo, mixing bowl and gloves.
- Take one third of the volume developer and mix it with the powdered bleach in the mixiTreat your hair with ng bowl, stirring gently till the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Use an apron or an old short to prevent your body or clothes from being spoiled from any spillage.
- Apply he mixture to your hair starting from the tips and gradually down to the hair roots, being careful to cover all the sections of the hair.
- Keep it for 30 to 60 minutes, checking for any breakage, repeating the application wherever required.
- Wash your hair with a shampoo, ensuring that there is no bleach left.
- To achieve the desired shade, apply a mixture of the toner and the developer.
#1: Silver Hair Colour by Mehron
About the Product: this is a liquid hair colour that works well on light coloured hair. This is a great product and needs to be used by actors and actresses of the entertainment industry to give themselves an aging look for their performances. It non toxic, and can be used multiple number of times without being worried about damage to hair. This product has a great stage effect that is to say that it gives a natural look to the person wearing it and looks appearance worthy on stage.
- Since it is liquid, it is easy to apply.
- Easy to wash it off.
- Has great effect for performances on stage.
- Stays, till washed off.
- Sometimes colour may take a long time to come off.
- If the hair is too dark then the colour may not be visible to its fullest extent.
- May cause hair fall if used too frequently
#2: Hair Dyes, Y.F.M Hair Cream Silver Gray Hair Wax
About the Product: this product has been rated highly by customers and is liked by them a lot. It provides your hair with a glossy look and gives you a unique personality. It is known to provide control and hold to all hair types. It is easy to apply as well as easy to wash off. It is a great product for everyday styling. Using this coloured hair gel you can add a new colour to hair as well as style them according to your wishes without being concerned about your hair becoming stiff.
- Makes hair glossy
- It is easy to apply and easy to wash off
- It helps you style your hair naturally without making them look stiff
- It helps you style as well as colour your hair
- May cause damage if used regularly
- May cause dandruff
- May make the hair rough
#3: Silver Ash Hair Wax Colour
About the Product: this product has been rated highly by customers. They are satisfied with the performance of this hair colour. This has been made with natural extracts obtained from plants. Hence it causes less damage to hair. it is supposed to create a grey/ ash effect on the hair, but the colour may vary depending upon the natural hair colour of the person using the product.
- Easy to apply
- Easy to wash off
- Helps in styling
- Does not irritate the scalp
- Works better than hair dye since wax helps in styling too
- May cause split ends
- Continuous use may result in hair fall
- Does not colour dark hair properly
#4: Temporary Silver Grey Hair Colour Wax
About the Product: this product has been rated averagely by customers. It is suitable for both men and women. It helps provide colour as well as hold since it is a wax. It makes it easier for you to control your hair by using this product. It is a great buy for people who like to colour their hair. It is also the right fit for a masquerade party or a Halloween party. It causes no or very little damage to hair and is easy to use. It also has a very refreshing smell. It does not make your hair sticky.
- Easy to apply
- Helps in styling and colouring hair
- It is non-sticky
- Does not damage hair.
- It may be difficult to remove it at times due to the strong colour pigment present in it.
- May make hair a little rough, if not conditioned properly after washing colour off.
#5: Temporary Silver Gray Hair Wax Pomade:
About the Product: this product is made with 100% natural ingredients and does not cause any harm to hair or the scalp. It does not make the slap irritable or cause any other detriment to the health of the individual using the product. It is a great agent to style as well as colour your hair silver/grey. It is easy to apply this product and is also easy to wash it off. It provides instant hair colouring to your hair making them look as stunning as ever. It is a preferred product by customers from all over the world.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Easy solution to colour and style hair
- Water based formula which is easy to apply
- It is easy to remove this product too
- It works the best on light coloured hair.
- May cause hair fall
- May cause dryness of hair
- Continuous usage may result in split ends
- May not work well on dark coloured hair.
Tips for styling Gray/Silver Hair
- Treat your hair with TLC, which means deep conditioning, hair masks or using natural alternatives such as coconut oil.
- Use holds for the hair, which are clay based to add more texture and volume to the hair. Look out for holds that have bentonite as one of the ingredients, which acts as a good filler and gives that extra shine.
- A little spray of oil based product for styling along with the matte clay will give the hair a natural looking texture, which, otherwise would be hard to achieve through other ways.
How To Maintain Silver/Grey Hair for Men
- Abstain from washing your hair often and use products that are color-safe and sulfate-free.
- Use products that belong to the matte range, because shiny or oily products can give the hair a yellowish tinge.
- In order to keep the hair frizzy and healthy, apply a deep conditioner only once a week.
- Go for quality toning tips that will keep your hair grey and remove any tinge of yellow that may remain in between the strands.
15 Best Ideas About Grey/Silver Hair Men
Here are 15 Grey/Silver hair dyed styles that have been hand picked for you, from which you can choose the ones that can make you a king of the silver foxes.
The Comb over
This grey hairstyle is stylish and simple, where the hair is combed back and to the sides as the comb goes further towards the back. The sides are clipped and a small pompadour or a quiff can add weight to the hair style. Ideal for older men with grey hair.
The Classic Side Part
The classic side part can match men with dense grey hair, regardless of the age. You can look great s a bad boy with the grey or silver dye being applied meticulously.
A great example of what added texture and volume can do to make this hairstyle make a bold statement. A quality product is used to accentuate the waves. Straight hair can also be tamed to sport this hairstyle, using a quality styling product.
Snow white hair can look intimidating with this short chop hair style for grey hair. With the hair on the top is cut to mid length and styled flat, the sides are cut short. Use of natural products can accentuate the hairstyle, which looks messy and full of fun.
The Slicked Back Hairstyle
This hairstyle for grey hair is timeless, where the combo of a slicked back straight forward hairstyle and a grey mustache make a classy statement. Even without the mustache you can have this hairstyle but you will need the skills of a professional barber.
This hairstyle for grey hair is a perfect example of hair styling for grey hair during the transitional period, when the hair begins to transform into grey from dark color. Although a common cut, this grey hair style adds depth to the creative styling. A white beard can add to the styling effect.
The Close Buzz
Men with grey and thinning hair will find the close buzz cut hairstyle a perfect match. The hair is cut too short looking as though there is no hair, but this hairstyle can really highlight the baldness. A trimmed beard can well complement the hairstyle for grey hair.
The Longer Grey Hairstyle
If you want to age with style, this hairstyle can be an ideal choice, where the hair is kept longer and the tips of the hair is bleached grey and the roots showing the natural hair.
Brush Up Hairstyle
The brush up hairstyle for grey hair can add a dramatic statement and add weight to the style, communicating sophistication. The overall length of the hair can be kept to 3 inches, with the top slightly shorter. Using a brush, style the hair upward with the back and the sides trimmed with a scissor.
Mature Grey Hairstyle
You can show off your grey hairstyle, where the style looks more mature than showing signs of aging. When styled to perfection, this grey hairstyle can bring great balance to the protégé s well as the professionals.
The undercut hairstyle has always been a popular and striking hairstyle, even if it is sported by men with grey hair. This is a dapper hairstyle, where the receding hairline is camouflaged with the slicked back undercut and buzzed sides to be a truly contemporary hairstyle for grey hair.
Spiked and messy
Whether you are in your late fifties or forties, this spiked and messy hairstyle for grey hair can make you look much younger. The hair is spiked on the top and made messy. You can use a styling product that has a lesser hold on the hair so that you can achieve the messy look.
The Short Hairstyle
This short grey hairstyle is both fashionable as well as functional, where the hairstyle looks smarter because the coarseness of the hair can be tamed. You will need the hair on the top to be about an inch, with the back and the sides trimmed.
Mop Style Retro Look
The mop style retro look hairstyle for grey hair could be an ideal hairstyle to take you back to the vintage days. It is also a unique option for men having receding hairline, because the hairstyle gives fullness to the hair.
The Angular Fringe
This hairstyle for grey hair is a casual and messy hairstyle, where the angular fringe gives a flow to the hairstyle. The bangs are kept to 1 to 2 inches to give a messy look. Except for that, this style is a tidy one.