It has been a recent trend in hair styling that guys are taking to dyeing their hair in many colors and dyeing the hair in blue requires some special techniques. There are some special ways by which you can ensure that dying your hair blue is long lasting, making the hairstyle vibrant.
How To Dye Your Hair Blue for Guys
Step 1 – The first step is to lighten your hair as much possible. This will need a clarifying shampoo that will help to remove the color of the hair without damaging it.
Step 2 – If you have dyed your hair before you will need a color remover to remove the dyes and make the hair ready for re-dyeing. Follow the instructions for removing the color. If the color remover does not work as desired, you may have to bleach the hair in order to dye it again in blue.
Step 3 – Treat your hair with a deep conditioner so that any damage done by the color remover or bleach may be repaired. Leave your hair for at least two weeks before you start dyeing it in blue.
Step 4 – Wear an old T-shirt, wrap your neck with a towel and wear a pair of gloves in order to protect your skin and body during the dyeing process. Apply some petroleum jelly along your hairline so that the skin does not get stained.
Step 5 – Wash your hair thoroughly using a shampoo that can penetrate the strands to remove any stain still sticking to the hair.
Step 6 – Mix the blue dye in a bowl as per instructions are given on the packet.
Step 7 – Apply the dye on the hair in small sections using a brush and a comb. Use clips to separate the top portion of your hair with the bottom part so that the entire hair is dyed.
Step 8 – Put on a shower cap to leave your hair for the time till the dye settles completely on the hair. Keep a watch on the time taken for the dye to stick on the hair.
Step 9 – Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and dry the hair using a towel.
For temporary dyeing your hair white use as little peroxide as possible. Also, use a little bit of the purple toner so that the natural color of the hair did not completely wipe off.
For semi-permanent dyeing, you will need to bleach the hair twice to three times within a week. It will help you to stay with the bleach for at least six months.
Repeat the process of bleaching using strong peroxide and toner once every 15 days and very soon you will achieve a permanent bleach.
How to maintain Blue Hair
- Rinse your hair with a mixture of water and white vinegar immediately after dyeing. Shampoo your hair and use a conditioner after rinsing with vinegar.
- Wash your as less frequently you can. Two times of washing your hair a week is enough. Use cool water and a conditioner after each wash.
- Stay away from heat treatment to prevent your hair from fading.
- Dye your hair every three weeks to maintain your dye properly.
Some Tips on Highlighting your Hair from Home
- Choose a kit that will help you give the desired effect. Read the instructions carefully before going for the highlights.
- Go for the strand test to be sure that your hair is ready for the highlights. Repeat the steps as instructed on the kit, applying the mixture so that your hair looks natural.
- Put on the plastic cap and use an adult toothbrush for highlighting the front portion and a baby brush for the back part.
- Part your hair in the normal way and paint the mixture into one-inch sections. Keep one centimeter from the scalp and then proceed to half inch thin streaks at the middle portion of your head.
- Apply quarter inch spaces at the back.
- Do not be strict on the placement of the highlights, make it evenly spaced.
- Leave the dye for as long as suggested by the test and then shampoo your hair well. Apply a conditioner for deep conditioning the hair.
13 Best Blue Hair Dye Product Reviews
#1: Splat Semi-Permanent Hair Dye Kit Blue Envy:
About the Product: This product is rated averagely by customers. It is not a very popular brand and does not work very well on dark hair. The product acclaims a rainbow effect, meaning a vibrant colour whereas the customers report otherwise. They are of the opinion that this colour does not show in dark hair and leaks and leaves stains everywhere.
- Looks great on light coloured hair
- Easy to apply
- Comes in a 12 pack
- Does not work well on dark coloured hair.
- Bleaching is required for darker coloured hair.
- This colour leaks with each wash
#2: Sparks Long Lasting Bright Hair Colour, Electric Blue:
About the Product: This is relatively a new product it works well on light coloured hair and gives a vibrant look to your hair. This comes in a pack of four and can be reapplied as and when the need may be felt. Each application will last for a period of 3-4 weeks.
- Works well on light coloured hair.
- Lasts for at least a month
- Available in a pack of four
- A touch-up may be required after a month.
- Does not stay for very long
- It is relatively a new product
#3: MOFAJANG Hair Coloring Dye Wax:
About the Product: This product has been rated highly by customers. This can be used as a hair colour and a hair styling pomade at the same time. This will help you temporarily colour your hair and style them. It works well in straight as well as curly/ fizzy hair.
- This product has been made with natural ingredients.
- There are no chemicals in this product.
- It gives you the desired colour hassle free.
- BMK also offers a money back guarantee if your hair suffer damage due to usage of their product.
- May make hair rough
- May also sometimes cause straight hair to become sticky and oily.
#4: Sovoncare Blue Hair Colour Wax, Temporary Hairstyle Cream:
About the Product: This has also been rated highly by users. This provides the perfect hairstyling and colouring experience all in one. You can choose to colour a part of your hair or you may colour your hair, either ways this works perfectly.
- This works well on all hair colours
- Can easily be washed off when you are bored of it.
- Sticky look for people with straight hair.
- It is a temporary colour.
#5: MS.Dear Hair Color Wax Wash Out:
About the Product: This product has been rated a little above average. It is a two in one hair wax as well as colour. It provides a vibrant and shiny colour. It’s a herbal product and has been made solely by plants. It has no toxic material and will keep the hair from getting damaged. It is a cream based dye that will help you style and make your hair look stunning in a shade of blue.
- Made with herbal ingredients
- Easy to apply and wash off
- Is temporary and can be removed at any time
- May cause hair loss
- May result in dry hair
- Sometimes also causes dandruff
#6: Hair Paint Wax A Splash Of Color – Blue:
About the Product: This product is highly liked by people and has been rated well. It is made from 100% natural ingredients. It is easy to apply and easy to wash off. This product provides hair with ultimate support and hold. It also provides a vibrant colour that most people die for.
- Easy to apply
- Easy to wash off
- Helps in styling hair
- Vibrant colour is visible after just one application
- May cause dry hair
- May cause hair to fall
- May effect the natural texture of the hair
#7: Acosexy Temporary Blue Hair Wax:
This colour is great for men. It works well on short hair. It can help you achieve a variety of hairstyles. It makes hair look like they have been dyed with permanent colour, but is actually temporary. It has a long-lasting effect. The colour stays till the time it is washed off.
- Leaves a vibrant colour
- Works well on all hair colours
- Is long-lasting
- Is made of natural ingredients
- Best suited for men
- May harm the scalp-or the hair
- May cause hair-fall
#8: Permotary Hair Color Wax Styling Cream Mud:
This hair colour has also been rated well by customers. They like this product because it was super convenient to use. You could style and colour your hair in one go. It makes your hair look vibrant and shiny. This product is also 100% organic and does not harm the hair.
- Vibrant colour
- Works well on dark hair as well
- Easy to mould and shape hair
- May make hair weak and cause harfall
- May cause dandruff
- May make the scalp dry
#9: Efly Hair Coloring Dye Wax, Instant Blue:
This hair colour is great for men and women both who want to check out a new style and a new hair colour. This hair colour is vibrant and looks great on dark as well as light coloured hair. It does not alter the texture of the hair.
- Is easy to apply
- It is easy to take off/ wash off
- Does not irritate the scalp
- Temporary colour, hence the damage to hair is minimal
- Makes hair dry
- May make the scalp itchy
- Constant use may cause dandruff
#10: Splat 30 Wash No Bleach Formula, Midnight Indigo:
This hair colour is different from other types of hair colour since it is temporary. It can be applied to hair and this colour glows when it is dark. At other times it looks like a normal blue colour. This looks best on people with light hair. this product should not be used a lot of times, since it contains chemicals that may harm the hair.
- Temporary hair colour
- Washes off easily
- Easy to apply
- The glow in the dark feature is not very prominent
- May damage hair
- Is made using a lot of chemicals
#11: Acolar Hair Wax Temporary Hair Color for Men Women:
This product helps you style and colour your hair without making it feel too sticky or heavy. It makes your hair look beautiful and colourful. Applying a wax sort of a thing to your hair to add colour is a genius idea. This product is made of 100% natural ingredients and is environment friendly.
- Makes it easy to mould hair
- Does not give a sticky look
- 100% natural ingredients
- Application and removal are also very easy and convenient.
- Makes hair dry
- May result in hair-fall
- Causes split ends, and makes hair unhealthy in general.
#12: NYKKOLA Unisex Hair Wax Color Dye Styling Cream:
This wax is great for styling hair. It can not only be used for styling hair, but also to colour them for the perfect look. The wax in the gel does not make the hair stiff. They make the hair l5ook rather natural. It gives an effect of a natural matte colour. It has a long lasting effect, and the style will look good for the entire day.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Does not leave hair stiff
- Gives a natural matte colour
- May make hair oily sometimes, due to its wax base.
- Does not work well on straight hair.
#13: Volluck Blue Hair Color Wax Pomades:
About the Product: This product is highly recommended by customers and has been rated highly by them. This is a temporary hair colour and is great for people who do not want the colour to stay for long. This is a sort of pomade for hair and it not only colours the hair but also helps you style them. Using this you can achieve the desired hair colour and style at the same time.
- It is made of 100% natural ingredients.
- Is great for hassle free styling.
- It does not damage hair and is non-sticky.
- Sometimes may take more than one wash to remove completely.
- May make straight hair a bit sticky.
Here are 10 Hairstyles for Guys With Blue Dyed Hair
Shootout Revolutionary Beauty
This is a hairstyle that highlights a revolutionary beauty. Capture the heart of teenage girls with this awesome style.
Cool Medium Blue Hair
The hair is cut to medium length, dyed in blue and styled in a messy way. A casual look that can be head turners.
Thick Blue Dyed Hair
This hairstyle is easy to maintain as well as stylish. It can match with your lifestyle, especially because of the vibrant locks.
Street Style Blue Hair
This is a street style for guys with blue hair. Rock the style with sunglasses and a jacket. The hair is parted smartly to look even more attractive.
Stylish and Sexy Blue Hair Style
This one is a stylish as well as sexy hairstyle for guys with blue hair. Looks mischievous also.
The Blue Scene
Its all blue on the head. The long hair has been dyed in blue and falls over the forehead in a unique style. A hat complements the hairstyle well.
Cruelty-Free Blue Hair Style
The hair is dyed in dark blue and falls over the forehead with the top made messy. A smart yet casual appearance makes this style enviable.
Wavy Pastel Blue Hair Style
Whether it is curls or a quiff, this pastel blue hairstyle is unique. The sides have an undercut which highlights the hair on the top. A top party style.
Surfer Blue Hair Style
A surfer hairstyle, this blue and wavy hair shows class. A perfect hairstyle for the beach.
Highlighted with Green Blue
A trendy hairstyle, this one is highlighted with a green and blue dye. The hair is kept long and styled in a messy way all over the head.
Table of Content
- How To Dye Your Hair Blue for Guys
- How to maintain Blue Hair
- 13 Best Blue Hair Dye Product Reviews
- Buy Now at Amazon
- Here are 10 Hairstyles for Guys With Blue Dyed Hair
- Shootout Revolutionary Beauty
- Cool Medium Blue Hair
- Thick Blue Dyed Hair
- Street Style Blue Hair
- Stylish and Sexy Blue Hair Style
- The Blue Scene
- Cruelty-Free Blue Hair Style
- Wavy Pastel Blue Hair Style
- Surfer Blue Hair Style
- Highlighted with Green Blue