Do you like to experiment with your hair? We are sure every man wants to try dyeing his hair at least once in his lifetime. And, it’s not something wrong or harmful. Coloring your hair can help you stand out in the crowd and also lets you showcase your style statement.
Apart from coloring, you can also choose to add some highlights to your hair strands to get a pop-up look. Highlights have become a trend as they can be applied to all hair textures and lengths.
In this article, you will learn how to dye your hair at home all by yourself. Also, we have put together 20 hair coloring and highlights ideas, so you can show these images directly to your hairstylist and get your coloring done. Take a look!
Do Highlights Look Good on Everyone?
Everything depends on the colorist you choose to get this done. Highlights are a great way to add some pop of color to your routine-looking hair. And, most of the highlights generally look natural and give a nice contrast to your existing hair color. These highlights look good on any man with any hair texture and length.
So, if you are hesitant to try out highlights or global hair colors, keep away all your worries as most of the dyes and highlights are made of skin-friendly chemicals.
How To Dye Your Hair At Home?
We know you are a bit anxious to colour your hair for the first time. Trust us, you don’t have to visit a salon and spend thousands of bucks to get the hair color done. You can simply dye your hair at home with these simple instructions:
- First shampoo our hair and then dry it using a soft towel. Make sure you never apply hair color without washing your hair. When your scalp and hair are clean, the hair color gets absorbed easily.
- Take a moisturizing cream or a lotion and apply across your hairline to prevent the dye marks on your skin during the application.
- Now, take the dye and apply it to the areas which you want to colour. Make sure you use a hair coloring brush for this process. Do not use hands as the dye can leave permanent marks on your fingers.
- During the coloring process, make sure you stand in front of the mirror and there is ample lighting. Also set the mirror at such an angle that your entire head is visible.
- Once you are done applying, leave the dye on your hair for at least 20 minutes for the color to settle down.
- After that, take a warm shower and rinse your hair till the entire dye comes out. Make sure no product is left on your hair as any leftover hair dye can dry out your hair.
There are all varieties of hair colors available in the market in all shades. You just have to carefully pick the shade you want.
20 Best Hair Color and Highlights Ideas for Men 2021
Here are 20 of the best and amazing dyed hair ideas for guys that you can choose from.
1. The Copper Brown Dyed Hair Men Haircut
If you have straight hair and want to give it a pop of colour, you can choose to highlight some of your strands with copper brown. This copper brown color also looks better on warm undertones.
2. Dyed Hair with Bangs
Bangs look beautiful on almost every man. When those bangs are colored or highlighted, men look their best. As you can see in the image, the bangs in white are highlighted with red dye here and there to create a sharp contrast. This makes you look your stylish best.
3. Blonde Highlights
Blonde hair looks the best on American men. If you have black hair, to get the blonde look, you can choose to highlight certain parts of your hair blonde. These highlights add a nice texture to your hair.
4. Blonde hair with spikes becoming trendy
Blonde hair can be styled in different ways yet creating spikes with it is the most beautiful way to style your hair. These spikes can be lifted in any direction you want to cover your forehead or to elevate it.
5. White Lightning for older men
For older men, blonde hair suits the best. To rock this hairstyle, you need medium hair length which must also be a little thick.
6. Adding an element to the hairstyle with just the top
Faded sides or the undercut automatically elevate the top portion of your hair. With razed or trimmed sides, when you color the top part, you automatically look stylish and different. This hairdo suits younger men and kids.
7. The Light brown cool hairstyle for men
This is also a top-elevated hairstyle but the sides are just kept short but not faded. The top is also colored light brown to mark a clear contrast from the sides. This hair color suits best for men in their 20’s and 30’s.
8. The Medium Gray Dyed Hairstyle to look natural
If you are nearing your 40’s or if you are facing the problem of graying, you can either choose to dye your hair black or brown or turn it completely gray. If you are someone who loves complete gray hair, you can try this one to look more natural.
9. Have it red and flaunt a punk hairstyle
Red is one such color that instantly makes you standout in the crowd. Also, if you have black hair, red highlights give a perfect contrast, making you look dapper. This red dye will suit all hair textures and lengths. It would be better if you highlight your bangs in red and let them fall seamlessly onto your forehead.
10. The Neutral Dark Blonde Hairstyle for Guys
Want to try something funky? This dark blonde is one color that gives a neon look and makes your hair highlighted even in the dark. For best appearance, cut your hair with fades to the sides and long top and highlight that top with this color.
11. Dyed Hair with Spikes for Boys
Boys! We know spikes are your favorite and you want to try out different hair gels to get the perfect spikes that stay all day long. For a more appealing look, due your spikes with your favorite shade and you will just see the difference. You will fall in love with the way your hair looks.
12. The White Dyed Hairstyle for Guys at the Party
Are you a party animal? You definitely want to look something different to attract the best women in the lot. So, your hair will be the first thing a woman would notice in a party. If you have thick, straight and silky hair, choosing to color it blonde on the top can make you stand out. This blonde hair dye suits all outfits and makes you look younger.
13. Neutral complexion medium brown hairstyle
If you want to try a hair color, but do not want it to alter the way your natural hair looks, then you can choose to color it medium brown. It resembles your natural hair color yet gives a nice shine and beautiful look to your hair and face. This one can be the best for beginners. Try it and see the difference! This medium brown shade or chocolate brown give the same look to your hair.
14. Faded dark hair color for guys at college
Premature graying is a problem that is inevitable to some guys. If this happens during your college year, we know it’s a nightmare. However, there is a solution to this problem. You can dye your hair in this faded dark color. It makes people wonder if you have really colored your hair.
15. All out hairstyle with white color
If you want to completely transform your hair color, then you can choose to color it in white. It makes every head turn towards you while you walk on the street. This hair color is best for teens and men in the music industry or just for anyone who wants to look contemporary and quirky.
16. The Neutral Brown Hairstyle for Boys
As much as a haircut defines you, so does the hair color. And, for some haircuts brown dye instantly amplifies the way your haircut looks. Especially for these short sides and long top hairdo’s, neutral brown color gives instant charm to American faces.
17. Gold Dyed Hairstyle Not Yet Old
Similar to blonde, gold dye also transforms the way you look. If you have medium length hair and want to add a tinge of style to it, you can choose to color it in gold. If you have wavy hair, then getting this color done is a big plus!
18. Cool long and trendy hair color
Long and messy hair is loved by many men. Imagine adding some highlights to it! To add more fun and color to it, you can choose to follow the guy you see in this image. To get this, first color your hair blonde and then highlight some parts with red.
19. Green Hairstyle is for those who want to go green
If you frequently go for mohawk or pompadour haircuts, this green dye goes perfectly with it.
20. Short grey hairstyle men
If you have short hair and want to dye it to look unique, you can go for silver or blonde. This color looks well on aged men who don’t like to keep the salt and pepper look.