Just for Men ControlGX Grey Reducing Shampoo is formulated especially to reduce the appearance of grey hair. You can use the shampoo on a regular basis and get rid of grey hair without actually worrying about synthetics or dyes.
The brand suggests that the Control GX Shampoo is just like any regular shampoo and promises to clean and revitalize the hair. It also helps in increasing the volume to give your hair a thicker and fuller look.
The shampoo is not about showing immediate results. Instead, it is all about gradual and step-by-step change.
You will start noticing the results after a few washes itself, many users often achieve the results within 2 to 4 weeks of using the shampoo regularly
Once you also start noticing the results, continue using the shampoo for 4 more weeks to maintain the color. After this, the result of the shampoo can last for up to 8 weeks.
Even though the shampoo works well on all the hair colors, it works the best for hair shades ranging between light brown to black.
The best part about the Control GX shampoo is it offers very natural-looking results. Nobody will be able to figure out that you have dyed your hair.
To know more about how to use it properly, read the Buying Guide mentioned below. We have also shared a detailed review of the shampoos along with the safety precautions that you should take while using the product.
Best Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo Reviews
|Just For Men Control GX Products||Suitable For||Buy Now|
|Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo||Dark Shades of Hair||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner||All shades of Hair||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo||Lighter shades of Hair||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just For Men Control Gx Beard Wash||Beard Hair||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Just for Men Control GX Grey Reducing Anti-Dandruff Shampoo||Dark Shades of Hair||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Quantity: 4 FL. OZ.
Suitable Hair Type: Dark Shades of Hair
Good For: Reducing Greys
Getting back to the natural hair color is a tough task. But for that, the Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo comes to the rescue.
However, all this will be a slow process, so just believe in yourself and this product as well. The shampoo is made with a great formulation along with Hemp oil and Arginine to strengthen your hair and give a natural look.
The shampoo basically induces color pigments in your hair strands that get stuck inside your hair, like a sandwich stuffing, and with each use, the effect starts to look better.
In general, this shampoo is suitable for all hair colors and types, but for particular darker shades like brown or black, it works amazingly.
Use this 4 FL. OZ. of shampoo once or twice in a week alternatively with your regular shampoo to maintain a natural look and texture of your hair. But, in case your skin is too sensitive and allergic to hair colors, please consult a doctor before using this product.
- Ideal for dark hair
- Very Effective
- Easy to apply
- Not much suitable for light shades of hair
- A little bit harsh on hair
Quantity: 4 FL. OZ.
Suitable Hair Type: All shades of Hair
Good For: Conditioning Hair
As we have covered a similar shampoo, some people with thin hair have complained about their hair getting dried up after the use. Well, if you are someone who has really sensitive and thin hair, conditioning the hair after shampoo seems to be essential for you.
However, buying a bottle of conditioner separately is just another headache. Hence, this grey reducing shampoo from Just For Men has shown all its hair coloring effects while conditioning the hair at the same time.
It is mentioned that it works well with any shade of hair, so you can surely give it a try regardless of your hair color, whether it is light as blonde or dark as black.
And, with ingredients like Hemp Oil and Arginine, the hair coloring is done well as these ingredients are well known for that particular purpose. Although the shampoo has amazing effects, you will need to give some time to it, as it gradually fixes the problem with each wash.
Apart from that, this 4 ounces bottle will last for a long time as you are not suggested to use it daily. Instead of that, use this shampoo and your regular shampoo on alternate days to have the best results to keep the hair look healthy and attain a natural color.
- Good for all shades of hair
- Helps to reduce grey
- Conditioning effects perfectly
- Not ideal for allergic people
Quantity: 4 FL. OZ.
Suitable Hair Type: Lighter shades of Hair,
Good For : Reducing Greys
In case you have amazing looking blonde hair or maybe medium brown, but they are losing the color pigments and turning greyish, Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo has got you covered.
As you can find a variety of hair products from this particular brand, one out of them which will be best suitable for you is this shampoo. Not because it has special hair coloring effects, but because it is specially formulated to cure the problem for lighter shades of hair.
Generally, most similar shampoos induce darker pigments, and that just looks awkward with blonde hair. Hence you can try out this one which is formulated with ingredients like Hemp Oil and Arginine to provide you the hair color you desire.
It is also a 4 ounces bottle, so it is going to last for a longer time. You can use this shampoo instead of your regular shampoo until you start to see the results, and in-between, use the regular one to maintain the natural look of your hair.
However, using this shampoo is not going to show you effects right away. Unlike the regular hair dyes, it is much more effective as it fixes the problem internally. Thus, it takes time, but the results are quite satisfying.
- Best for LIght Shades of Hair
- Easily applicable
- No need to leave it applied for hours
- Might cause allergic reactions on sensitive skins
- Conditioning needed after use.
Quantity: 4 FL. OZ.
Suitable Hair Type: Beards
Good For: Reducing Greys
The issues of hair turning grey are manageable until it’s on the head, but as soon as you start to experience the same in beards, the situation gets really uncontrollable.
To the rescue, Just For Men Control Gx Beard Wash helps a lot and helps to fix the issue gradually with each wash. Not just this beard wash does the cleaning part, but also its color pigments penetrate even through the coarse hair and reduce the greys.
On regular use, you will see the results in a few days, but you don’t need to worry about the bottle getting finished. Because, in this particular package, you will be getting 2 bottles of 4 ounces each, that will surely last for almost a month or two for you. Not only does it make the beard look natural and subtle, but it also makes the beard hair a lot softer and fuller.
- Shows great results
- Can penetrate coarse hair easily
- Applicable on all beard shades
- Dries up the hair, hence oiling is needed after use
Quantity: 4 FL. OZ.
Suitable Hair Type: Dark Shades of Hair
Good For: Reducing Dandruff
Dandruff is one of the biggest issues that most people experience with their dried up scalp, but that is not a big issue as it can be easily fixed using this Just for Men Control GX Grey Reducing Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. It has an effective solution for all types of hair to nourish the scalp and reduce dandruff gradually with each use.
As it cleans the scalp in a subtle manner, it leaves behind a nice texture, and the overall hair quality looks very natural and healthier. Along with that, it does not forget to serve its primary task, which is to reduce the amount of grey from your hair.
Unlike other shampoos, this one has a little extra amount of shampoo as it is a 5 FL. OZ. bottle, and will surely last for a longer time serving you. However, as anti-dandruff shampoos have harsh chemicals to fight off with stubborn dandruff, using it on a daily basis might hurt your scalp, so it is advisable to apply it once or twice a week only.
It is suitable for all shades of hair as the brand has mentioned, but we believe that it will show the best grey reducing results of the darker shades as compared to the lighter shades. However, you can surely give it a try if you want to reduce both dandruff and grey from your hair simultaneously.
- Dandruff Reducing
- Good for dark hair
- The grey reducing effect is less on lighter shades of hair
How Does Control GX Shampoo Work?
Before understanding how the shampoo works, it is very important to understand the main reason why your hair turns grey. Let’s understand the process of hair graying first.
Our skin and hair derive its natural color from a pigment polymer called Melanin. Melanin is produced by special cells called melanocytes. Talking about hair, the melanocytes are present at the follicles and once the hair shaft starts growing, these cells inject the color to it.
After a point, the pigment production by melanocytes either slows down or stops completely. This leads to grey or white hair.
To help you deal with this, the formulation of Just for Men Control GX shampoo is prepared in such a way that it contains a patented blend of molecules. These molecules break down when they are either exposed to air or when massaged to the scalp.
While you apply the shampoo to your hair, the molecules start releasing little amount of the complex and traps itself in the hair shaft. Every time you shampoo your hair, the same process happens and this is how it eventually covers the grey hair.
It is a pretty slow process but it definitely works. However, it is suggested to do an allergy test to make sure that the shampoo is working fine on your hair. Here is how you can perform the allergy test at home.
48-Hour Skin Allergy Test
Few users have complained of allergies or burns in the past after using the Control GX shampoo. Even though the cases are very less, it is suggested to perform a preliminary 48-hours skin allergy test before applying it directly to the entire scalp.
You should perform the patch test both before the first use and when you haven’t used the shampoo for consecutive 2 weeks or more. Even if you have used the product in the past without any side effects, we suggest you to still do a patch test.
How to Perform a Test?
Here’s how you can perform a patch test before applying the shampoo.
1. Wash The Area Where You Wish To Perform The Patch Test
Select an area for a patch test, preferably the inside bend of the elbow. Wash the area with mild soap and water. Pat dry.
2. Apply Product
Take a small amount of product from the tube and apply a thin layer of shampoo using a tissue or cotton to the selected area. Close the cap of the shampoo tightly and immediately after taking out the product. It should not come in contact with the air as the shampoo might lose its effectiveness.
3. Do Not Wash Or Cover Test Area For 48 Hours
Leave the product like that and keep checking the area at regular intervals. Check if you experience any of these symptoms: burning, itching, irritation, swelling, or redness. If you face any of these symptoms, it means that you are allergic to the product and you should wash it away immediately. Don’t cover the area with anything and let it stay open. Also, don’t apply this or any other coloring product to this area until the reaction subtle down.
However, if you don’t face any of these reactions for 48 hours, it is safe to use the product.
Another point to consider here is this 48-hour patch test does not mean that you will not face any allergy in the future. There were few such types of cases where after frequent use of hair coloring products, some users start getting allergic to certain products.
You can perform this patch test as a precaution but you might still experience some sort of allergic reaction after using the shampoo.
Thus, if you ever face any of these symptoms, you should stop using the hair coloring products right away and consult a skin specialist and confirm if you are allergic to any of the products or special ingredients in the products.
How To Use Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo?
You can either use the shampoo daily or thrice a week and soon you will start noticing the reduction in the appearance of grey hair. How much grey hair you get rid of completely depends on the frequency at which you apply the shampoo.
NOTE: Don’t use this shampoo on areas where you have bleached, colored blonde, highlighted, or lightened your hair with color or henna.
Here’s how you can apply the shampoo:
- Peel the cover under the cap carefully. Make sure you don’t leave the tube open between uses as the shampoo might lose the effectiveness.
- Apply the shampoo on your wet hair. Massage using the palm of your hand and not fingers as your nails might get stained. Leave the shampoo for a minute or so and then wash it off properly.
- Wash your hair in a similar way as you use a regular shampoo until you reach the amount of grey reduction that you are aiming for.
- Once you have achieved your desired result, you can reduce the frequency of using this shampoo and start using your regular shampoo instead to maintain your look.
Important Points To Consider:
- While applying the shampoo, if you notice that the product has dripped down on the floor or the bathroom walls, rinse it off right away or else it will lead to staining.
- After applying the shampoo, wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Use an old or dark-colored towel to dry your hair.
- Store the shampoo with its cap facing downwards.
Since the shampoo can cause staining or other allergic reactions, you should take proper precautions before or while using. Here are some of them:
- Before applying the shampoo, check if you already have any cut, scratch or other reactions. If yes, don’t use the shampoo or any other hair coloring product until the area heals completely.
- If you have a sensitive or damaged scalp or if you already have a rash on or near your face, don’t apply the product.
- If you notice any allergic reaction like burning sensation or itching, wash the shampoo immediately and don’t use it again.
- Remove all the metal accessories or objects from your hair before coloring your hair. Don’t wear them again until you are done coloring your hair.
- Don’t apply the product on your body hair.
- Make it a habit to remove your contact lenses before applying the hair color.
- Never apply the shampoo on your eyelashes or eyebrows as it can cause blindness too.
- If you have already colored your hair with metal dyes, consult an expert or the manufacturers before applying the shampoo.
- Never mix the shampoo with another product just in case you are curious to experiment.
- Try to avoid prolonged skin contact with the product.
- Be careful while washing off the shampoo and avoid any contact with the eyes. If it goes to your eyes by mistake, rinse the shampoo off with cold water immediately. If you feel the irritation even after washing properly, go to a doctor.
- Don’t use the shampoo if you are below 16 years.
- If you have straightened your hair, wait for a minimum of 24 hours and then apply the shampoo. If you have used a permanent wave, try to not use the product for at least 2 weeks.
- If you have experienced any unusual allergic reaction after applying the product, call the manufacturer or the relevant national authority team.
In very rare cases, some users have experienced skin de-pigmentation (either skin lightening or loss of skin color completely). This reaction might be temporary or sometimes permanent too.
If you notice any of this, stop using the product immediately.
If you already have issues like vitiligo (white patches on the skin), skin de-pigmentation, or if you have a family history of any of these conditions, don’t use hair coloring products. You might get allergies due to it.
The Upsides & Downsides of Just for Men Control GX Shampoo
To understand the product properly and clearly, we have mentioned all the pros and cons of Control GX Shampoo. Let’s have a look.
Pros of Control GX Shampoo
- Since it works slowly and gradually, it is difficult for anyone to figure out that you have dyed your hair.
- As it is a demi-permanent product, the shampoo is gentle on hair.
- It can be used like any regular shampoo.
- The root re-growth is not that noticeable.
- It comes at an affordable price and is pretty cheap than any dye kit.
- The shampoo works with a wide range of hair colors.
Cons of Control GX Shampoo
- Since the shampoo works slow, by the time you get the perfect shade that you were wishing for, you will have to go for a haircut. This might take you back to Day 1.
- The product leaves stains almost everywhere – bathroom, towel, and even the fingertips. You have to be extra careful while applying this coloring product.
- Some ingredients of the shampoo might cause allergy. Thus, it is very important to first perform the 48-hour allergy test.
- Results depend on the amount of discoloration and the frequency at which you use the shampoo.
- If you have red or blonde hair, the results might vary.
How Much Does Control GX Shampoo Cost?
The Just for Men Control GX Shampoo is available easily at most retailers like Walmart, Amazon, and Target. You can get 5 Fluid Ounce tube for around $8-$9. This quantity is sufficient to use for at least 6 weeks.
You can even buy it directly from the company’s website for $8.49, with free shipping on all the orders over $14.
A Money-saving tip: If you buy the product from Just for Men website, you might even get a discount of $2.
Along with the shampoo, the Control GX even manufactures 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. It contains some additional ingredients that help in making your hair feel soft. It allows easy combing and easy management of your tresses. You can get it at the same price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course, women can use Control GX products as well! The only downside to this would be that a larger amount of product will have to be employed for use for longer hair.
Yes, Control GX has an exclusive line of beard washes which are specifically for use on your beards!
One wash with Control GX products will lightly colour your hair, and a few washes will act as semi-permanent colour. This will last you for at least two to eight weeks.
You do not need to leave the product in for more than two to three minutes while shampooing your hair in your regular routine. This will aid the product gradually reduce greys, and leave you looking naturally suave.
The shampoo will darken the already dark areas. If you don’t want to apply the product to your dark hair at all, you can buy the Autostop comb by Just for Men.
Some users with a dry skin type experience temporary staining over nails and fingers. You can avoid staining by following the steps mentioned below:
*Use the palm for applying, and not fingers
*Moisturize your hand before applying the shampoo
*You can use disposable gloves
*Wash hands thoroughly using soap after application
*In case of staining, wash it gently using toothpaste and toothbrush
It is suggested to not use the shampoo on already colored or bleached hair. You should wait for the color to go off completely before applying the shampoo.
No. The Control GX shampoo is designed and tested for usage only on head hair. However, if you want to color your beard or mustache, you can use Just for Men’s mustache and beard coloring products.
No, it is not advised to use Control GX products on hair which is already dyed or coloured, or bleached.
The Control GX Shampoo is a demi-permanent hair dye. Unlike other permanent dyes, it does not remove the natural pigment of your hair.
Even though the manufacturer does not mention it clearly as a demi-permanent dye, the presence of ethanolamine (an alkaline agent) proves it all.
Just for Men Control GX shampoo is an amazing product that helps in reducing the appearance of grey hair significantly. The brand mentions it clearly that you won’t see an immediate result. Instead, it is a step-by-step thing and the results are undoubtedly, amazing and natural-looking. If you have very little grey hair, you might notice the result quickly.
After reviewing the product and going through the customer’s feedback, we have noted down five key takeaways. These will be very insightful if you are planning to buy the shampoo.
- The manufacturers want you to perform the 48-hour allergy test before you apply it to your hair. It will prevent you from any allergic reactions.
- Even though the shampoo is very easy to apply, some users find the process messy majorly because like any other dyes, this also leads to staining. Clean the shower area immediately and use an old towel to dry your hair.
- You can also use gloves to prevent staining on nails.
- Even though the brand claims that the shampoo works on all hair colors, it works the best of you have brown or black hair.
- According to most of the customer’s reviews, if the length of your hair is a quarter-inch or less, you might not notice the results at all.
Table of Content
- Best Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo Reviews
- How Does Control GX Shampoo Work?
- 48-Hour Skin Allergy Test
- How to Perform a Test?
- How To Use Just For Men Control GX Grey Reducing Shampoo?
- The Upsides & Downsides of Just for Men Control GX Shampoo
- How Much Does Control GX Shampoo Cost?
- Frequently Asked Questions