Shea Moisture hair care products are the best among many brands in the market. Being adept in personal care products, this famous personal care Company – Shea Moisture is a good choice for many. Its hair care products, which mainly contain shea butter, leave wonders on any hair type. And a variety of their shampoos and conditioners aptly work well even for your ruinous mane.
But, to fulfill the individual hair needs, it is quite ambiguous to pick an appropriate one from the clusters available in the market. No worries! Have a glance at the best shea moisture hair care products here. With deep research, we have gathered the features, pros, and cons of these best products to ease your search. However, it’s very mandatory to check two important things when choosing the right product.
Product Quality: Most importantly, you have to consider the quality of shea butter, a seed fat from the shea tree. While some products use raw shea butter, others infuse its processed form. However, those with shea moisture in unrefined or raw form are 100% satisfactory.
Effect on Different Hair Textures: Shea moisture within hair care products comes in the form of oil or butter. While butter is not good for thin hair, oil is not suitable for oily skin. It’s good to understand the effects of shea moisture on the hair of different textures.
In addition to these, you have to be mindful of certain other factors given in our ‘Buying Guide’ just below the product reviews.
Best Shea Moisture Hair Care Products 2021
|Shea Moisture Hair Care Products||Hair type||Scent||Buy Now|
|SheaMoisture Curl and Shine Conditioner||Thick and curly||Coconut and hibiscus||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Curl and Shine Coconut Shampoo||Thick and curly||Coconut||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Strengthen and Rinse Out Hair Conditioner||Natural, heat styled, |
and chemically processed hair
|Peppermint||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil||Chemically treated,|
damaged, and dry
|Peppermint||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo||Curly||Honey||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Conditioner||Dry and damaged||Honey||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Smoothie||Coily and curly||Shea butter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture 8 oz Raw Shea Butter Detangler||Curly||Shea butter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Shea Moisture Calm and Comfort Raw Shea Chamomile||All||Shea butter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk Shampoo||Dry||Argan oil||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Shea Moisture Hair Care Products Reviews
1. SheaMoisture Curl and Shine Conditioner
Keeping the thick and coarse hair in mind Shea moisture has introduced coconut and hibiscus curl and shine conditioner. This conditioner is a lightweight formula. It doesn’t weigh your hair down but adds bounce and tames the frizz. It restores and rejuvenates the cuticles of your hair.
It instantly detangles as well as softens your frizzy and dry hair and fills your curls with moisture. This conditioner provides a deep hydration and nourishment treatment with the presence of silk proteins along with essential oils including Neem and Coconut. All the ingredients present in the conditioner are natural and do not contain any chemicals.
This hair conditioner by Shea moisture is free of silicons, parabens, mineral oil, sulfates, petrolatum, and phthalates. All the ingredients used in the product are 100% natural and tested by fair trade. The final product is never tested on animals and is tested on the family of the manufacturers for the last four generations. The container in which the conditioner is packed is made with 25% minimum post-consumer resin.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Scent: Coconut & Hibiscus
Hair type: Thick and curly
Item weight: 13 ounces
- A lightweight product that does not allow your hair to weigh down.
- Designed mainly for thick hair.
- Provides hydration treatment with the presence of oils infused with Neem and Coconut as well as silk proteins.
- 100% natural product.
- Some people received expired products.
2. SheaMoisture Curl and Shine Coconut Shampoo
The curl and shine shampoo by Shea Moisture is made with natural ingredients. Daily use of the shampoo improves the health of the hair and restores its shine. This shampoo is designed for people having dull, thick, and curly hair.
The shampoo is made using shea butter, coconut oil, hibiscus flower, neem oil, and silk protein. The presence of coconut oil in the shampoo prevents the hair from breaking as well as hydrates and protects it. The neem oil brings out the shine in the hair and controls frizz in the hair.
The silk protein makes your hair smooth and gives a silky and soft feel to your hair. This hair care product replenishes the lost oil from your hair and moisturizes them. The extracts of the hibiscus flower in the shampoo improve the elasticity of the hair and prevent it from breaking. It also cares for your curls. It is a gentle formula that can be used daily.
The Shea Moisture shampoo developed especially for women and has a rich and creamy lather. The product is free of sulfates, phthalates, petrolatum, silicones, parabens, and mineral oil. This shampoo is produced sustainably and is traded ethically. No animals were harmed during the manufacturing or the testing of the product.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Hair type: Thick and curly
Item weight: 0.9 pounds
- Improves the health of the hair.
- Prevents the hair from breaking.
- Controls frizz in the hair.
- Gentle formula that can be used daily.
- Some of the people received products with broken seals.
3. SheaMoisture Strengthen and Rinse Out Hair Conditioner
Shea Moisture has designed a conditioner that strengthens your hair and makes it soft. It helps in detangling your hair as well as controls the frizz. It does not weigh your hair down and can be used for all types of hair.
The conditioner has been formulated to work on both color treated as well as virgin hair. The shampoo is enriched with the goodness of shea butter, peppermint, and Jamaican black castor oil. Shea butter present in the conditioner makes your hair moisturized by conditioning your hair as well as scalp. The Jamaican black castor oil is loaded with Vitamin E, proteins, and minerals. It makes your hair look healthier.
The peppermint in the conditioner invigorates your scalp. The conditioner protects your hair by providing an extra layer that improves the split ends that appear in your hair.
The hair care product helps to detangle and thereby can minimize hair fall. The shea butter used for the manufacturing of the product has been certified by Fair Trade. This conditioner does not contain any chemicals, sulfates, parabens, and alcohol.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Hair type: Natural, heat styled, and chemically processed hair
Item weight: 13 ounces
- Treats and makes your hair soft.
- Detangles your hair.
- Moisturizes your hair as well as your scalp.
- Makes your hair look healthier.
- The product is hard to rise off.
4. Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Shea has introduced a conditioner that can be used by people who have colored, heat-styled, or straightened hair. This hair care product nourishes your hair and makes it smooth. It also makes your curls free from tangles and gives your hair a natural bounce.
This Shea Moisture conditioner is loaded with the goodness of organic shea butter, Jamaican black castor oil, and peppermint. The black castor oil is filled with reparative omegas. This makes your hair healthy and helps in its growth. Organic shea butter is responsible for conditioning as well as moisturizing your hair and scalp.
Peppermint helps in stimulating your scalp and gives you an invigorating experience. Proper use of the conditioner restores the strength in your dry as well as brittle hair. The natural ingredients used in this product are certified by Fair trade.
The natural health of the hair is restored as the conditioner helps in preventing your hair from breaking. The appearance of the split ends reduces and the improved elasticity makes your hair more manageable and free of tangles. The product is free of parabens and sulfates.
Brand: Shea moisture
Hair type: Chemically treated, damaged, and dry
Item weight: 8 ounces
- Nourishes and makes your hair smooth.
- Filled with the goodness of reparative omegas.
- Improves elasticity of the hair.
- Makes your hair more manageable.
- Not suitable for thin hair.
5. SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo
Shea Moisture has brought to you the goodness of manuka honey along with mafura oil in this shampoo. It intensely hydrates as well as replenishes your hair. If you continue using this shampoo daily, it helps in making your hair bouncy along with bringing out the natural shine.
The shampoo is infused with rich and organic mafura oil, manuka honey, and baobab oil. All these ingredients make your hair healthy and allow your hair to shine for a longer time. Manuka honey behaves like a humectant and brings out the moisture in your hair. Baobab oil contains vitamins a,d,e,c,f which fortifies as well as strengthens your hair.
The mafura oil acts as a natural damage control. It softens and makes your hair healthier. It also contains fig extract that acts as an antioxidant and makes your hair softer. Vitamin c protects your hair and makes it look vibrant. The raw shea butter is certified to be organic and makes your hair frizz-free.
The hair care product is free of sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, parabens, propylene glycol. It is cruelty-free, free of colors, and replenishes your hair.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Hair type: Curly
Item weight: 0.81 pounds
- Makes your hair bouncy.
- Replenishes your hair.
- Free of chemicals.
- Infused with the goodness of organic mafura oil, manuka honey, baobab oil.
- It contains synthetic parfums.
6. SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Conditioner
The Shea moisture conditioner rinses out instantly and infuses your hair with moisture. The product contains nutrients that enhance the shine in your hair. You can apply it from the roots to the ends of your hair and naturally style them. The conditioner replenishes as well as hydrates your hair.
This detangling hair conditioner is formulated with restorative oils. These oils make your brittle and dry hair softer and nourish them. The conditioner is enriched with the goodness of manuka oil, mafura oil, fig extract. The manuka oil is responsible for making your hair moisturized by acting as a humectant. The mafura oil controls the natural damage of the hair and promotes healthy hair.
With the presence of Vitamin c in the fig extract, it acts as an antioxidant. This property ensures that your hair looks vibrant for a longer period of time. This product also prevents the breakage of your hair by making them stronger. The organic and raw form of shea butter in the conditioner controls the frizz in your hair.
The natural ingredients used in this conditioner are certified by fair trade. The hair care product does not have any trace of sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, propylene glycol, and parabens. The shea moisture hair conditioner enriched with manuka oil has not been tested on any animals.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Hair type: Dry, and damaged hair
Item weight: 12.96 ounces
- Contains nutrients that enhance the shine in your hair.
- Formulated with restorative oils.
- Makes your hair look vibrant for a longer period of time.
- Controls the frizz in your hair.
- The strong smell of the conditioner is not preferred by all.
7. SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Smoothie
Shea moisture has introduced a curl-enhancing smoothie. This product is designed for people having thick and curly hair to enhance the curls and give them a bounce that holds throughout the day.
The smoothie is formulated with coconut oil as well as a rich mix of natural ingredients. The natural ingredients protect your hair from synthetic styling chemicals and tools that damage the natural curls.
The key ingredients in this smoothie are coconut oil, silk protein, and neem oil. The coconut oil protects and hydrates your hair and reduces the frizz in your hair. It also restores the essential oils in your hair. The neem oil also controls the frizz in your hair but adds natural shine to them. The silk protein makes your hair smooth, makes it soft, and gives them a soft feel.
The hair care product is free of chemicals.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Scent: Shea butter
Hair type: Coily, curly
Item weight: 1.1 pounds
- Nourishes your hair.
- Smoothens your split ends.
- Formulated with coconut oil and a rich mix of natural ingredients.
- Adds natural shine to the hair.
- Some people received fake products.
8. SheaMoisture 8 oz Raw Shea Butter Detangler
Shea moisture has brought to you an extra moisture detangler with the goodness of shea butter. This is a lightweight formula that allows you to release your hair tangles minimizing the hair damage and breakage. Along with detangling, it also conditions your hair and allows you to style your hair naturally.
This product contains raw and organic shea butter, sea kelp, and argan oil. The organic raw shea butter protects the hair from damage by creating a protective layer over your hair. It makes your hair smoother and allows you to comb easily through the hair.
Sea kelp is filled with rich minerals and nutrients that smoothes and seals your hair cuticles. It helps in making your curls more manageable. The argan oil present in the detangler nourishes and moisturizes the hair. It also prevents hair loss and hair breaking by improving its elasticity.
The hair care product is free of sulfates, parabens, and colors. You can apply the detangler to your hair before or after washing your hair. There is no need to rinse this detangler.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Scent: Shea butter
Hair type: Curly
Item weight: 237 grams
- Restores the damaged hair.
- No need to rinse the product.
- Allows you to naturally style your hair.
- Protected your hair from damage.
- The new formula is not consistent.
9. Shea Moisture Calm and Comfort Raw Shea Chamomile
Shea moisture does not have products meant for adults only, it also has baby products. Keeping the needs of a baby in mind, they have designed the baby head-to-toe shampoo along with the baby healing lotion. This is a set of two products. The formula of both products is gentle and can be used daily.
Both these baby products come with the goodness of argan oil and raw shea chamomile. The presence of argan oil in the product nourishes and moisturizes the skin and hair. The raw shea chamomile soothes the skin of your baby and makes it softer.
The gentle formula of both the products is made using natural ingredients. Chemicals can be harmful for the skin of your baby, and thus it is avoided. This baby bath set is made with myrrh and frankincense and it provides a calming and comforting effect to the baby.
The bath set by Shea moisture is free of sulfates, chemical colors, parabens, phthalates. All the natural ingredients used in the product are certified. The manufacturer states that this product is meant for external use only and not to prevent or treat any health conditions.
Brand: Shea Moisture
Scent: Shea butter
Hair type: All
Item weight: 1.83 pounds
- It is a baby bath set.
- Filled with the goodness of argan oil and raw shea chamomile.
- Nourishes and moisturizes the skin of your baby.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Is not approved by FDA.
10. Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk Shampoo
Shea moisture has developed a special shampoo for people with dry hair. Using the product helps you get sexy and smooth hair all day long. The gentle formula of the shampoo cleanses your hair and makes it frizz-free.
This shampoo by Shea moisture is made using natural ingredients and the main components are argan oil, marshmallow root extract, and almond milk. The almond milk present in this formula is filled with hydrating vitamin a and proteins. The argan oil in the shampoo is also known as liquid gold. It is known to control frizz and add shine.
The marshmallow extract in the hair care product provides weightless anti-humidity cooling as well as helps in detangling. The shea butter extract protects your hair from getting damaged by creating a protective layer over them.
The shea moisture hair care product is free of parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, sulfates, phthalates, and propylene glycol.
Brand: Shea Moisture.
Scent: Argan oil
Hair type: Dry
Item weight: 0.71 pounds
- Makes your hair smooth all day long.
- Makes hair frizz-free.
- Provides weightless anti-humidity cooling.
- Adds shine to hair by making them frizz-free.
- Some people don’t like the smell of the product.
Things to Consider Before Buying Shea Moisture Hair Care Product
Shea Moisture hair care products have a special place in the market. It’s so daunting and confusing when buying one from dozens of varieties. A simple look on the packing cover of the product does not give you the right choice. You have to consider several important factors you should look for while buying shea moisture hair care products.
Shea Moisture was started by a lady, Sofi Tucker, in 1912. It was engaged in the manufacture and sale of homemade beauty preparations, shea butter, and African black soap. Pertaining to the vision of Sofi Tucker, the Company still uses shea butter in the raw form. And, it has been offering beauty and personal care products for men, women, and kids.
Without looking at the ingredients, you should not purchase any hair care product. The main ingredient of Shea moisture, of course, is shea butter. It is a product derived from harvesting the shea nuts, a tree found in Africa. The substance obtained from the nut is available in the form of oil and butter. While thin hair needs oil form, oily hair needs butter form. So, choose the shea moisture form based on the hair type.
Here are other common ingredients you should look for –
- Coconut oil – It hydrates and protects hair while reducing frizz.
- Hibiscus flower extracts – It works on the dry and rough scalp, and improves skin tone.
- Jamaican black castor oil – It strengthens the hair and restores the hair condition.
- Manuka honey – It acts as a humectant and moisturizes the hair.
- Fig extracts – They are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and so give the hair a superb look.
- Baobab oil – As it is rich in vitamins C, D, E, and F, it enhances hair strength.
- Argan oil – It acts as the best conditioner for your hair.
- Sea kelp – Being rich in minerals, it seals and restores the hair cuticles. And so, it maintains the hair strength as well.
Shea moisture products are a blend of shea butter and other above-mentioned plant-based components. Yet, you have to consider the quality of shea butter used. Usually, raw shea butter gives the best results for your hair. But, some even use finely processed form which may not be favorable or sufficient for all hair types. So, get clarity on the quality given on the package of the product.
Free of Chemicals
If you have a look at the bottle pack of the shea moisture shampoos or conditioners, you will have a very big no list which covers parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, propylene glycol, sulfates, and petroleum.
So, Shea products are completely free from dangerous and harmful chemicals. Just know the bad effects of these substances and understand why to avoid them in your hair care.
- Parabens – They disrupt the potential endocrine system and production of estrogen. Moreover, exposure to excessive amounts of parabens increases the chances of breast cancer and reproductive issues.
- Sulfates – Though they can remove the dead skin cells from the scalp, excess sulfates in shampoos and conditioners drain away the natural oils from the hair. So, your tresses become dry, dull, and brittle.
- Mineral oil – Excessive exposure of hair and scalp to mineral oil can make the hair dry and lead to scalp build-up. It also causes irritation in people having sensitive hair and scalp.
- Propylene Glycol – When used for a long time, propylene glycol thins the hair and damages it.
- Petrolatum – Though petrolatum is useful for hair, it may show some harmful effects upon longer use.
- Phthalates – Phthalates are found to cause allergy symptoms, behavioral changes, testosterone issues, and other problems upon continuous use.
Now that you know about them, be cautious and stay away from them.
All the products of Shea Moisture are 100% cruelty-free and have no connection with animals. Therefore, they do not use any animal products during manufacture. And also, they do not encourage testing on animals. So, you can undoubtedly use these pure eco-friendly infusions for better hair care.
However, identify the real cruelty-free products from the fake ones with the labels of authorized certification or approvals of standard agencies. However, they may be a bit expensive. But, don’t compromise by looking at the cost as they are worthy and long durable.
Wide Product Range
Shea moisture offers various hair care products for men, women, and kids. And, they are not limited to care and maintenance but even extend to styling, dressing, and treatment processes. You’ll have bountiful products like shampoos, hair colors, conditioners, detanglers, hair masks, stylers, adhesive sprays, gels, mousses, shine sprays, and soothing sprays. So, shea moisture satisfies all your hair nourishing, conditioning, and styling essentials.
Moreover, you need not search other places for body care products. It also offers body washes, body lotions, bubble baths, scrubs, and pure oils.
Hair Type and Effects of Shea Butter on it
Without understanding your hair type, its conditions, and needs, how can you choose the right product for its care? So, determine your long or short hair type – thick or thin, fine or coarse, straight or curly, sensitive or normal, dry, oily, or damaged. And yes, check what it needs – moisture, nutrition, oils? What?
Wow, you have lots of groundwork now! Ask your hair professional to know about the conditions of your hair type.
- Thick-It is difficult to care for your thick hair as it has dense hair strands. It traps the oil in the hair with which the hair care products and dirt get built up easily. So, it needs a suitable shea moisture cleanser that works deeply and removes such stacks.
- Thin – If your hair is thin, it may be more prone to breakage when washed and combed frequently. So, use shea moisture products that give better nutrition and strength.
- Fine – A fine hair looks smooth, yet, it needs proper shea moisture for a shining hair.
- Coarse – Your coarse hair looks voluminous, and it is difficult to style. It can be more prone to dryness if not treated properly. So, you need to use shea moisture oils that tend to make the tresses closer and wet. Besides, it is better to use shampoos and conditioners with fatty acids and antioxidants. Also, you have to be away from heat styling processes.
- Straight – A straight hair looks cool, and you can use shea moisture to nourish and shine it well.
- Curly– If your hair is curly, ensure using suitable shea butter cream to keep the shape of your curls. You can use shampoos, conditioners, and creams with moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera.
- Sensitive – If you have sensitive hair either due to chemical treatment or medical conditions, you may face severe itching and irritation. So, it is better to use chemical-free shea moisture hair care products.
- Dry – If you have dry hair, add a bit of moisture to it daily through a shea butter cream. And also, make it less frizzy with humectant-based shampoos, conditioners, and sprays.
- Oily – If you have too many oils, flush off the excess ones with the right shampoo that nourishes the hair too. Otherwise, they trap the dirt quickly and damage your hair and scalp.
- Damaged – Most of us have damaged hair and get annoyed to revive it. And yes, many natural ingredients of shea moisture hair care products will revitalize the damaged hair and enhance hair growth too!
Shea Moisture is the right place to obtain shampoos, conditioners, smoothies, detanglers, and sprays to meet the satisfactory needs of all hair types. And yes, have a relook on the table of our best products’ list to check which may suit you.
It is always good to read reviews of a hair care product before buying. With genuine reviews, you can understand how it works, how efficient it is, and how feasible it is to use. You can also know if the product causes any bad reactions. Besides, you can easily streamline your choices and make the right favorable purchase.
Shea moisture hair products may be a bit more costly when compared to others. It may be due to the authentic use of purely natural ingredients and also cruelty-free nature. However, they entail beautiful shiny and lustrous hair by complying with all the assorted demands.
The scent of hair care products is a matter of concern for some who are sensitive to fragrances. So, it’s good to consider even the scent of shea moisture products. You have a wide range of choices including peppermint, honey, argan oil, coconut, hibiscus, and shea butter. And yes, the specialty of these products is that there are no chemical fragrances in them. This is a very big plus point for kids and pregnant ladies.
Shea Butter – Specialty and Benefits
Why is shea butter the premium ingredient of shea moisture products? Get aware of its specialty and benefits.
- Moisturizing Effect – Shea butter is rich in fatty acids that greatly moisturize your hair. And so it reduces the chance of dryness and prevents split ends. The fatty acids tend to reduce frizz and enhance the brightness of the hair. So, you can apply shea-butter-based products when using a flat iron or a blow dryer.
- Reduces scalp irritation – Shea butter contains vitamins E and A, and so it treats any kind of scalp issues. It reduces irritation, redness, and heals the scalp without clogging the pores.
- Hair growth – Being rich in vitamins E and A, fatty acids, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and sodium, it enhances hair growth. Moreover, its fats contain triterpenes which stimulate collagen production for hair strengthening.
- Prevents Hair Breakage – All the high nutrient contents of shea butter penetrate the hair in the oil form and avoid hair breakage.
Therefore, shea moisture products have shea butter as the main composition for overall hair care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, of course, you can use shea moisture daily as it makes the hair shinier and smoother. Its formula is so gentle and also chemical-free. And so, the hair does not become dry and dull even upon daily use. Instead, it revives the damaged hair and brightens the normal hair.
Usually, shea moisture is good for your hair and rejuvenates it. But, it is better to do a patch test before using the product. Because, you never know what your skin may be allergic to. Sometimes, if you use different shea products at the same time, it can be the reason for hair loss.
Shea moisture has no limitations. They are designed to reach the requirements of all your hair types – straight and curly, thick and thin, oily and dry, fine and coarse. Moreover, you can also use it even on your sensitive and damaged hair.
Shea butter raises hair instincts – it strengthens the hair, pertains to sufficient levels of moisture, makes it bright, and nourishes it well. So, all these total up to enhance hair growth.
Shea moisture is 100% natural. All the products are organic, non-toxic, and cruelty-free. And, they are even certified.
The packaging of shea moisture products uses 100% recycled plastic that is fully recyclable.
Shea moisture hair care products remove your worries and frustration about deadly hair. They infuse distinctive formulas of shea butter and other high-standard natural ingredients. So, be safe and give space for the Shea moisture products in your washroom to have a happy shower.
If you are bewildered to opt for the customized product from the market pool, spare a few minutes to touch up your search with our product reviews and buying guide. If you have found them useful and made a purchase, just put a word of your experience here below. Also, share your queries and doubts in the comment section below.