The trick to achieve perfect smooth shave comfortably is to apply warm shaving cream. The warm temperature opens up the pores and soft follicles which helps the razor easily glide through to ensure a clean cut.
Warming up a shaving cream in traditional way can be tiresome and time-consuming. Fortunately, shaving cream warmer is of great help.
Shaving cream warmers are available in different sizes and models. So, choosing the right option can be a little bit daunting. To make the right choice, we recommend considering below options.
Dimensions of a shaving cream warmer determine how much of foam it can handle. It usually depends on the individual’s preference as some people may need a bigger product while others may need a smaller option.
2. Temperature Control
Some men sensitive skin so they may need a bit lower temperature than normal. Men with rougher skin may need a bit more hotter shaving cream as it takes more time to open the pores. So, it really pays off when you purchase a shaving cream with temperature control settings.
For a detail information, we recommend checking out our “Buying Guide”. Using the same information, we have analyzed and provided the best shaving cream warmers below for your reference.
Best Shaving Cream Warmer
|shaving cream warmer
|Wahl Professional Hot Lather Machine
|9 inches and 1 lb
|Pre mixed lather-12 oz
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Lather Time Professional Lather Machine
|9 inches and 5 l
|1 cleaning brush and rubber pad
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Conair Hot Lather Machine
|CHECK ON AMAZON
Top 3 Shaving Cream Warmer
This is a pro quality shaving cream warmer. This looks simple and chic and anybody can use it. This is lightest among all the products making it easy to carry around. This comes with an internal liquid pump bottle where you can put your lather and it will pump out hot lather.
Moreover you also get an additional pre mixed liquid lather which measures 12 oz.
Talking about its heating capability. This warmer takes 50 minutes to heat up the lather and also comes with a light indicator. This indicates blue light when the lather is ready to use. This machine measures 9 inches in high and weighs 1lb.
Product dimension: 5 x 5 x 5 inches, 1 pounds
- It does not overheat your lather
- Indicator lets you know when your lather is ready
- You also get pre mixed foam
- Take too much time to heat up
- Cannot use gel
If you want to use something that barbers use. Then this product would do the job. This gives you hot, thick and aerated wet leather. A professional shaving experience right in your home.
Their manufacturer also provides one rubber pad. This lets the product have a good hold for the machine and prevents it from falling or gliding. You also receive a cleaning brush for its maintenance.
And the best thing about this machine is it’s a DC device so you can easily carry it around.
Product dimension: 9 x 4.5 x 5.7 inches, 5 pounds
- DC device
- Additional cleaning and rubber pad
- Professional quality
- No light indication
- Cannot use gel
Our third product is a blend of our two previous products. This also comes with a pump press, light indicator and gives you professional barber style shave at home. Though this weighs less than our previous listed product.
And it takes 1 minute to heat up the lather. It works with any standard or large size lather refill can.
This machine also looks great with its chrome finish and can complement your bathroom decor.
Product dimension: 1.35 pounds
- Take 1 minute the heat up
- Can be used with any standard or large size refill can
- Light indicator
- Does not work with shaving gel
How to Choose a Shaving Cream Warmer
Choosing a shaving cream warmer is more of a personal choice. However, if you want to know the right way of analyzing the products and choose the right one, we recommend checking out the guide mentioned below. Here, we have provided a detail description of each factor that helps you make an informed decision.
Types of Shaving Cream Warmers
There are two types of shaving cream warmers that include – universal fitting warmers and warmers that use shaving cream concentrate. We have provided a detail description below.
1. Universal Fitting:
Warmers that come with universal fitting are designed to hold the standard shaving cream cans. They are suitable for people who have to warm up the shaving cream when required. They provide more freedom in terms of selecting a product, whether it a scent or brand.
2. Warmers Using Shaving Cream Concentrate
This option is suitable for salons and barber shops as they need to use it continuously. However, there are not available in a varied selection of models. But the models available in the market are pretty much of high quality.
Size is one of the important factors of a shaving cream. Dimensions help you analyze how much of foam the appliance can hold, if you pour the gel or cream directly into the device. For some people, the bigger, the better. However, some people like otherwise.
Another thing to check is whether the warmer is easy to open and close. If you work with just the cap, then make sure the cap perfectly matches with the shaving cream. They are actually pretty easy to open and install over the can. They usually take 10 to 15 seconds to prepare.
4. Temperature Control
One of the main drawbacks of professional hot foam devices is the heating element near the dispenser which cannot be regulated. Temperature is one of the main aspects to consider while purchasing a shaving warmer for home use. It is important to keep the shaving cream warm but it shouldn’t burn. Some men sensitive skin so they may need a bit lower temperature than normal. Men with rougher skin may need a bit more hotter shaving cream as it takes more time to open the pores. So, it really pays off when you purchase a shaving cream with temperature control settings.
5. Gel or Cream
If possible, we recommend choosing a shaving cream warmer that matches your preferences. Some men prefer gel over cream and vice-versa. So, it is better to choose a model that works to your option. Some models available in the market can work with both types which can be a great investment.
6. Ease of Use
As we need the shaving cream to warm up for only for a certain temperature, the controls and process has to be as simple as possible. At the same time, the dispenser has to warm up the cream without burning or spoiling it.
7. Durability and Quality
As we mostly use and store it in the bathroom, the shaving cream warmer has to be durable which means even if falls down accidently, nothing should happen to it.
You should check if your product runs on AC or DC. If you don’t travel much then buying an AC product would be better. While if you are a traveler buying a product with DC current would be a better option.
If your selected product comes with a warranty then it’s always better. This just gives you insurance and makes the product more reliable.
For the common man, shaving cream warmers around $20 to $50 are suitable. They are easy to use and quick as well. However, they may not be durable and don’t usually last very long.
If you are a professional or use it on daily basis, then we recommend to go for a shaving warmer in the premium spectrum range which usually above $150 dollars. They are mostly used in professional salons because of their durability.
Why Should You Heat Shaving Cream?
Below, we have provided some of the major benefits of using a shaving cream warmer.
- Warming shaving cream dispensers het up the gel or cream at certain temperature which helps in removing facial hair without any accidents. It is perfect for people who have sensitive skin.
- They make the shaving process a little bit easier and pleasurable as well, especially during cold months.
- Once the shaving cream has right temperature, the device will maintain the temperature until you apply it.
- The main advantage of using this tool is that it opens up the pores and softens the whiskers. This reduces the irritation, tugging and hair pulling. So, the beard will come off easily which the razor passes through.
- It provides the same benefits of shaving after a warm shower but only easier and faster.
- These dispensers are capable of working with both cream and gels. They also come with a system to work with different sizes as well.
- Using heated cream also gives you a proper grip over your razor
- For people with sensitive skin, warm cream is a great option as it will break down the resilience of cream and evenly spread.
- During winter season skin tends to become dry which risks the chances of getting cuts. Using warm cream will prevent this as it will open up your pores and evenly spread on your skin.
- Shaving cream warmers offer better foam to beginners as well. You get almost perfect foam that spreads evenly and without any issues. So, you don’t have to worry about burns, cuts, and cuts.
Additional Tips to Consider:
- Before placing the shaving cream in the warmer/dispenser, we recommend to shake it properly. This is very helpful as it prevents some of the issues that may be caused due to lack of shacking.
- It is better to experiment with heat settings so that you can find the right temperature as per your tolerance or preference. Basically, the right temperature varies from person to another.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the light. These machines come with light indicators which lets you when the cream has reached the desired temperature.
- Never overlook or underestimate the safety features of a shaving cream warmer. Even the most premium or high-end models should be handled with care. The outside of the warmer should not get too hot or else it becomes dangerous to manipulate. It is better to choose models with auto-shut off feature which will turn on automatically when the cream or gel cools down.
- If you want a shaving cream warmer for salon, then you should go for bigger models. They are capable of working for several hours without breaking.
How to Use a Shaving Cream Warmer
Especially if you are beginner, you may be wondering what is the right and easiest way of using a shaving cream warmer. To help you, we have provided simple step-by-step procedure below.
- Use a can opener to open the seal part of your shaving cream. Yes, most of these devices come with a can opener along with it.
- Shake them well before placing it in the warmer. As the warmer will just heat up the cream and not mix it.
- Now open the top part of the can and load it into the machine and set your desired temperature.
- Make sure you do not overheat the temperature.
- There is a light indication which indicates when the process has begun and stopped. Switch off the machine when your cream or gel reaches the desired temperature.
- Once it is heated, remove the can and place another if needed.
How to Maintain a Shaving Cream Warmer
The below information helps you protect and maintain the shaving cream warmer for a longer time.
- When it comes to cleaning, there isn’t much you can do. Unfortunately, some build ups in the device cannot be accessed for cleaning. Such models usually don’t last long, especially if used for professional purposes.
- Hot shaving warmers are usually on most of the day in the salons, so they may burn out if you are being careful. Make sure to disconnect them after at the end of the day. Avoid keeping it on for 24 hours as it is just a waste of electricity.
- For cleaning purposes, leave the unit without shaving cream for some time. You will observe soap scum on the room sides, especially on the heating unit tip. Wipe off the built-up scum using a paper towel until it completely dries out. This can be achieved using a wire brush.
- To provide a deep cleaning, you can fill the unit with warm water and turn it on for a few minutes. Place the bowl in front of the dispenser when foam comes out as the water may come out. You pour out the rest of the water as foam.
- Avoid immersing the whole unit in the water, especially it is still plugged into a socket.
- Follow the instructions mentioned by the manufacturer while mixing the soap. Some formulas may not be suitable for certain models.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Yes, however remember that scalp and neck are more sensitive compared to face based on how often you shave them. If you have a sensitive skin, we recommend starting with a lower temperature and increase it gradually so that your scalp or neck doesn’t feel burned. You don’t want the heat to dilate on veins and make them super prominent which can be quite embarrassing.
Ans: Of course, yes. Shaving cream warmers generate foam that is helpful to shave the legs, armpits, personal areas, and faces. As the female skin is more sensitive than male skin, you may have to adjust the heat setting suitable for you. It is even better to test the warm cream on sensitive areas before using it.
Ans: Cleaning a shaving warmer is pretty easy. Just use soap and warm water to remove any excess residue left. Then let it dry before you use it again.
We hope our article served your purpose. Selecting these three best products was based on its efficiency and reviews. Shaving warmer can definitely come handy specially in the winter months. Along with our top products we have also mentioned how to use them and the benefits of using this. Among these three our favourite pick would be Wahl Professional ’19 Hot Lather Machine . This machine comes with a removable internal pump bottle. This makes it easy to clean and maintain. This is also light weight as compared to other machines. Moreover you also get a free pre mixed lather( 12oz).
This is our best pick, do let us know which one was yours.
Table of Content