If you experience that your hair is straight from the roots but curl from mid-length to the bottom, you are said to have 2b hair. Some might think that the woman is blessed with naturally styled hair but maintaining 2b hair can be very difficult.
The main problem when it comes to 2b hair is that the lower part of the hair gets frizzy and rough when exposed to humidity. Even if the climate is a light damp, the hair can be really messy and unmanageable.
This is the basic reason why the 2b hair needs proper attention and care. It is recommended to use products that can moisturise the hair and maintain the moisturised hair. You should also go for the products which can eliminate the frizz.
There are some things which you need to consider when buying the products for 2b hair. They are listed below.
- Avoid sulphates: One of the major things that you need to keep in mind when you have 2b hair is that you have to avoid sulphates. You must choose the product which does not have any kinds of sulphates.
- Amount of ingredients: You have to consider the concentration of various ingredients in the product. The easiest way to do this is by checking the ingredients list. In the ingredients list, the ingredients are mentioned in descending order.
More on the things to consider all the ingredients are mentioned in the “Buying Guide” which is mentioned below in the article. After much research and reviews from the past and present customers, we have mentioned the best products for 2b hair.
Best Products For 2b Hair
|Name||Weight||Item Form||Buy Now|
|OGX Locking + Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream||6 ounces||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Curl and Style||8 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cantu Comeback Next Day Curl Revitalizer||14.4 ounces||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|DevaCurl Light Defining Styling Hair Gel||0.5 ounces||Gel||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|MopTop Curly Hair Custard Gel||8 oz||Gel||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|got2b Kinkier Curling Mousse||8 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Conditioner||8 ounces||Conditioner||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream||5.53 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Tressfully Yours FlexiGlide Hair Brush||5.4 ounces||Brush||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cake Beauty Whipped Curl Mousse||---||liquid||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top 10 Products For 2b Hair Reviews
The cream is enhanced with the goodness of natural and pure elements. The coconut oil and Shea butter moisturize and nourish the dry scalp. These elements also help to retain and store the moisture in the hair. Also, they treat the roughness of the hair and reduce the frizz of the hair.
If you are having trouble controlling your frizz, or want to style it for a special occasion or regularly, you just need to apply the cream all over your hair. It smoothes the hair even when you are styling your hair with heat.
It has a natural and refreshing smell. Besides, it does not have any chemicals or parabens. The product comes in a plastic bottle with a push cap.
- Goodness of coconut oils and Shea butter for nourishing dry scalp
- Controls damage, frizz and prevents hair breakage
- Provides noticeable bounce to the hair and promotes natural shine
- Natural refreshing scent.
- Free of sulphate
- Adds natural shine and bounce
- Comes in a easy pump bottle
- Might feel heavy and greasy on thin hair.
SheaMoisture is a brand loved and admired by women with curly and fragile hair from around the world. If you often experience your hair looking like dreadlocks, your ideal product will be this coconut and hibiscus styling milk from SheaMoisture. It will keep your hair smooth and help detangle your hair easily.
The Shea styling cream gently detangles the hair and leaves you with bouncy and loose curls. The styling milk is enriched with the natural goodness of hibiscus, coconut and Shea butter. All these ingredients are extremely beneficial for unmanageable and damaged hair.
SheaMoisture’s styling milk also defines the wavy texture of your hair. The natural ingredients help to lock the moisture in the hair.
The product is sulphate free and is free of any added colour or fragrances. It has a mild natural scent which is suitable for most people.
- Best for detangling hair.
- Enhanced with moisturising milk which protects the hair during styling.
- Gives a naturally smooth texture to the hair.
- Retains the moisture in the hair.
- Contains natural oils like coconut, hibiscus and Shea butter.
- Does not have added colours or fragrances.
- Softens the hair and reduces damage.
- It has a favourable scent.
- Consistency is on the thicker side. Not ideal for thin hair.
If you are looking for a product that will make your wavy and curly hair super silky and super bouncy. They make your curls frizz-free and damage free with each spray. It also refreshes and revives the curls. Also, the coils and waves are also replenished and moisturised too.
The shea butter enhances the revitaliser and comes with a fresh formula. It also hydrates and nourishes the scalp and offers touchable and bouncy hair. After using the cream, the hair does not feel crunchy even after styling. This product helps to fight damage and frizz. Besides, it also provides long-lasting moisture.
It also works better for permed, textured and colour-treated hair. The mineral oil feels weightless on the strands of your hair. They help to provide you with shinier and bouncier hair. It also prevents build-up and locks the style in the hair.
The mineral oil comes in a plastic bottle with a spray cap. This makes the application very easy. It also makes the pack travel friendly as the design is very compact.
- Moisturises and smoothes the hair.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Adds noticeable volume and makes the hair bouncy.
- Prevents build-up and locks in the style.
- Ideal for color-treated, Permed hair.
- Makes your curls frizz-free and damage-free.
- Feels weightless on the strands of your hair.
- Easy application.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- Works only for a short period of time.
If you are looking for a non-drying gel that does not damage your hair and provides added moisture and long-lasting control, then this is your product. This DevaCurl Defining gel is specially formulated to nourish your curls and provides a soft hold for the whole day. This styling gel is perfect for wavy, curly and super curly hair.
This product helps to reduce damage and control the frizz in your hair. You can style your hair with this DevaCurl Light hold gel enhanced with moisturising formula which surrounds you with a non-sticky and protective cast that eliminates the damage and defines the curl shape. The unique formula of the product is enriched with soy protein and wheat which retains the moisture and adds bounce to your hair.
The gel has a light and refreshing smell which feels like starfruit and mango. The gel comes in a plastic bottle with a pushdown and is suitable for kinky, curly and wavy hair.
The gel is 100% free of all kinds of sulphates, parabens and silicone. The product is also gluten-free and cruelty-free.
- Makes a protective and non-sticky cast on your hair.
- Eliminates frizz and reduces damage.
- Suitable for all curly hair types.
- Light and refreshing smell.
- Nourishes the curls and makes it soft the whole day.
- Enriched with wheat and soy protein.
- Convenient packaging.
- Little on the expensive side.
This MopTop’s Curly hair custard is the perfect confection for your waves, coils and curls. It helps to nourish and moisturise the hair even when styling it. It is completely formulated with natural ingredients and is free of harmful chemicals which protects your hair and prevents damage.
The product is enhanced with ingredients like silk amino acids, nettle and honey gives your curls definition and shine for wavy, kinky and curly hair. Additionally, the calming sea botanicals and restorative aloe nourishes your dry hair and helps lock the moisture. You can use the product for styling and restyling your hair without damage. It energises the water-soluble ingredients and provides a natural-looking shine.
The hair custard does not feel heavy on your hair and has a lightweight formula. It also hydrates the scalp and prevents build-up and breakage.
It is completely made of natural ingredients. Besides, it does not contain any kind of chemicals like phthalates, sulphates, parabens, dyes or silicone. It is also against animal cruelty and is associated with anti-violence programs.
- Nourishes and moisturises the hair when styling.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Prevents damage in the hair when treated with heat.
- Promotes natural shine.
- Enhanced with natural ingredients.
- Locks in moisture.
- Hydrates the scalp and prevents breakage.
- Parabens free.
- Bad packaging, the seal might be broken.
It is very difficult to have bouncy and voluminous hair if you have 2b hair type. But this curling mousse by Schwarkopf is a weightless product that will give you bouncy and frizz-free curls with ease. The product is ideal for curly, kinky and wavy hair.
The mousse adds incredible shine and effective bounce to the hair. The mousse works perfectly on the hair which gets messy and unmanageable on styling. The styling products are made of harmful chemicals which damages the hair. This mousse, if applied before styling makes a protective layer on the hair and prevents damage. The unique formula holds the curls and waves tight but does not feel tight on the strands of the hair.
The mousse makes the texture of the hair smooth and makes it damage-free even when you are styling it. It comes in a metal bottle with a spray cap. It also controls the frizz and reduces damage.
Along with these, it also makes the hair shinier and defines your curls.
- Mousse makes the texture of the hair smooth and reduces damage.
- Makes the strands weightless and shinier.
- Makes a protective layer on the hair.
- Manages the curls with ease.
- Eliminates frizz.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Does make the hair sticky or greasy.
- Gives definition to the curls.
- Does not work for super straight or silky hair.
If you do not want too styled hair and want your hair to have a natural look but that becomes impossible due to the frizz, this is the correct product for you. This reparative leave-in conditioner will work wonders for your hair. This product reduces the damage and controls the frizz effortlessly.
This leave-in conditioner works for all kinds of curly hair with ease. It nourishes the scalp and improves the texture of your hair. The hair is smoothened naturally which will let you wear your hair naturally without any styling. The conditioner is enhanced with coconut oil, mango butter, grapeseed oil and blueberry extracts which condition the curls and restores hydration.
The leave-in conditioner repairs the damage of the hair. It also conditions the curls and enhances the quality of the hair. It can be easily absorbed by your hair. It has a refreshing scent.
It is completely organic. It does not contain any harmful chemicals and is free of sulphates and phthalates.
- Prevents damage and repairs the natural texture of the hair.
- Enriched with natural oils.
- Completely organic.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- Reduces frizz.
- Enhanced with natural ingredients.
- Great for curly, wavy and frizzy hair.
- Has a refreshing scent.
- Easily absorbed.
- Might tangle your hair if not washed for too long.
Moroccanoil is a US-based hair care company that makes products with the goodness of Moroccan Argan Oil. After the global popularity of their award-winning hair treatment formula, they have expanded to include body care along with hair care.
2b hair types generally include wavy hair types that have light but not defined curls. The 2b hair type is most commonly prone to frizziness. Morrocan Oil Curl Defining Cream deeply nourishes the hair to control the frizz and give defined waves & curls.
It can be used as a leave-in conditioner to add shine and definition to the hair. It contains argan oil and vegetable proteins that repair and moisturise the hair cuticles to give long-lasting, healthy-looking hair. The thick, creamy formula treats split ends, dryness and frizziness.
What we liked:
- Comes in easy to use pump packaging
- Has a unique long-lasting fragrance
- A little product is required to get defined curls
What we did not like:
- Contains sulfate and silicone. Therefore, is not suitable for Curly Girl Method
- A bit expensive than other leave-in conditioners
When you have to take care of wavy or curly hair, you must consider using the ideal hairbrush with the correct cleaning and styling products. The wrong brush can make your hair look messier and frizzier.
This hairbrush is especially designed for wavy, curly, coily and kinky hair. Additionally, it reduces the frizz of the hair. The comb is featured with anti-static pin bristles which helps to detangle the hair easily. This also prevents the hair from breaking.
You can also use the brush in the shower to massage the scalp. It is resistant to high heat and can be used to style the hair with any kind of product. It is suitable for all hair kinds.
The brush has warranty and promises 100% money back or replacement in case of any issues.
- Curved and lightweight comb with durable bristles.
- Rubber handles improve grip.
- Resistant to heat and can be used with any kind of styling products.
- Detangles the hair easily.
- Made of long-lasting materials.
- Prevents shedding and breakage.
- Ideal for massaging the scalp.
- 100% money-back warranty.
- It is designed as a fine-toothed comb.
Cake Beauty Whipped curl defining and volumizing mousse has a lightweight texture that adds volume and de-frizzes the hair without making it sticky or crunchy. The vitamin E and aloe vera infused formula adds hold and gives defined curls look to the hair.Vitamin E repairs dry, damaged hair cuticles to make each strand shiny and healthy-looking. It is a curly girl method(CGM) friendly and compatible with both air drying and blow drying.
What we liked:
- Vegan & cruelty-free
- Made in Canada
- It is free from paraben, sulfate, talc and phthalates
- Easy to use pump packaging
- Nice, pleasantly scented
- Works well for 2b and 3b hair types
What we did not like:
- Some people received the product without the cap
- The fragrance can be overpowering to some people
Things to Consider When Buying Products for 2b Hair
There are several things that you need to keep in mind when you are dealing with 2b hair type. You have to consider various factors when choosing or buying any product for 2b hair type. The basic things to consider are that the product should be silicone-free and sulphate-free. All the points to keep in mind when buying products for 2b hair are listed below.
There are several ingredients which you should avoid if you have 2b hair. You must make sure that the product does not have any kinds of sulphates. Therefore, you should always buy products with a sulfate-free label. Dealing with sulphate would make managing the dryness of the hair more difficult. But you should check all the ingredients and not only the labels. The harshest kind of sulphate is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. You should not go for products that contain any kind of sulphates.
Amount of Ingredients in the Products
It is very important to consider the concentration of ingredients in the products. For instance, when any product has the label of argan oil, it does not mean that the product has high levels of the oil. There is a simple way to figure out the concentrations of different ingredients in a product. In the ingredients list, the ingredients are listed in descending order. The top ingredients are the primary ingredients of the product. The primary ingredients are always present in high quantities. For the ingredients that you are looking for in the product, check their concentrations mentioned in the ingredients list.
Look for the Beneficial Ingredients
For 2b hair, You need to avoid the harsh sulphates and drying alcohols. However, you should look for ingredients that will be beneficial for your hair. These components help to control and minimize the roughness and dryness. They also help to retain the moisture and lock it. The ingredients to look for are stated below.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine
- Sodium Cocoamphoacetate
- Lauryl Hydroxysultaine
- Coco Betaine
There are some moisturising alcohols as well which are really beneficial for hair. Some examples are given below.
- Cetyl alcohol
- Lauryl alcohol
- Behenyl alcohol
Look Out to Avoid Allergic Reactions?
If you have an allergy to any particular product then you should not only rely on the front labels to notice if the product contains that particular ingredient or not.
- Make sure that you read all the ingredients at the back ingredients list of the product.
- You should try a single new product at one time. This will be helpful to you as if you notice any reactions, you will realise which product has caused that reaction. Therefore, you will get the idea to use which product and avoid which product.
- You can perform a patch test on your skin before using it for the first time. This will help you spot any kinds of allergic ingredients in the product.
- After applying the product, if you experience itchiness, redness or any irritation, you stop using the product right away.
Like all other things, these products also have several reviews on various sites. You should go and check for the reviews to be sure of the product you are selecting.
Ans: The 2b hair type tends to get frizzy and rough with a slight humidity in the weather. This makes the hair unmanageable and it looks dull. By using a moisturising or conditioning product, the hair becomes easy to handle.
Ans: The curly hair has ringlet-like structures at the bottom end of your hair. The wavy hair forms an s shape pattern at the bottom end of the hair. The curly coils near the root and the wavy hair forms waves away from the root.
Ans: The 2b hair has medium thickness in the hair. It is more defined as the s shape. It is harder to manage this kind of hair. It is also prone to fizz.
Ans: It is better to not cut the hair in layers. It is more suitable for the hair to be cut in one length. The layer structure of the hair will make it appear thin at the lower end of the hair.
We have tried to state all the things that you need to know when you are dealing with 2b hair. When you want to buy products for 2b hair, go for the products which will moisturise your air and help in retaining the moisture in your hair. As the 2b hair type is prone to frizz and becomes unmanageable easily. Therefore, you have to be extra careful when buying products for 2b hair. If you still have doubts regarding products for 2b hair, do mention in the comments section below. You can come back later for the solutions to your doubts.