2b hair – what is it? Do not mess your head if you are not aware of this hair terminology. It is an awesome hair type where your hair is straight from the roots with a wavy or curly pattern from its mid-length to the bottom. It is cute-looking with superb S-shaped wavy patterns. Yet, its bent tresses are dry, frizzy, and twisted often and seem very troublesome to maintain.
But, it’s no more annoying if you prefer the right products for your 2b hair care. And yes, among a vast number of such products available in the market, it is onerous to grab a good deal. Here you are about to go through the 10 best products for 2b hair along with their best features, pros, and cons.
We are sure they help you pick the right one for your desired needs. But, not all may be suitable for your hair. So, be conscious to consider these important factors when planning to purchase the best products for your 2b hair care.
Avoid sulfates: Sulphates, the most common infusions of hair care products, are useful when used in a few quantities. Yet, they are most dangerous if used in excess. As your type 2b hair is dry, you have to avoid the products with sulfate compositions.
Amount of ingredients: Consider the useful ingredients and their measure too in the product. This way, you can find the main ingredient, and choose the appropriate concoction.
Additionally, you have some more aspects to look for, and these are put in our ‘Buying Guide’ down to the product reviews.
Best Products For 2b Hair
|Name||Weight||Item Form||Buy Now|
|OGX Locking + Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream||6 ounces||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|SheaMoisture Curl and Style||8 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cantu Comeback Next Day Curl Revitalizer||14.4 ounces||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|DevaCurl Light Defining Styling Hair Gel||0.5 ounces||Gel||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|MopTop Curly Hair Custard Gel||8 oz||Gel||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|got2b Kinkier Curling Mousse||8 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Conditioner||8 ounces||Conditioner||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream||5.53 oz||Cream||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Tressfully Yours FlexiGlide Hair Brush||5.4 ounces||Brush||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cake Beauty Whipped Curl Mousse||---||liquid||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Top 10 Products For 2b Hair Reviews
The cream is enhanced with the goodness of natural and pure elements. The coconut oil and Shea butter moisturize and nourish the dry scalp. These elements also help to retain and store the moisture in the hair. Also, they treat the roughness of the hair and reduce the frizz of the hair.
If you are having trouble controlling your frizz, or want to style it for a special occasion or regularly, you just need to apply the cream all over your hair. It smoothes the hair even when you are styling your hair with heat.
It has a natural and refreshing smell. Besides, it does not have any chemicals or parabens. The product comes in a plastic bottle with a push cap.
- Goodness of coconut oils and Shea butter for nourishing dry scalp
- Controls damage, frizz and prevents hair breakage
- Provides noticeable bounce to the hair and promotes natural shine
- Natural refreshing scent.
- Free of sulphate
- Adds natural shine and bounce
- Comes in a easy pump bottle
- Might feel heavy and greasy on thin hair.
SheaMoisture is a brand loved and admired by women with curly and fragile hair from around the world. If you often experience your hair looking like dreadlocks, your ideal product will be this coconut and hibiscus styling milk from SheaMoisture. It will keep your hair smooth and help detangle your hair easily.
The Shea styling cream gently detangles the hair and leaves you with bouncy and loose curls. The styling milk is enriched with the natural goodness of hibiscus, coconut and Shea butter. All these ingredients are extremely beneficial for unmanageable and damaged hair.
SheaMoisture’s styling milk also defines the wavy texture of your hair. The natural ingredients help to lock the moisture in the hair.
The product is sulphate free and is free of any added colour or fragrances. It has a mild natural scent which is suitable for most people.
- Best for detangling hair.
- Enhanced with moisturising milk which protects the hair during styling.
- Gives a naturally smooth texture to the hair.
- Retains the moisture in the hair.
- Contains natural oils like coconut, hibiscus and Shea butter.
- Does not have added colours or fragrances.
- Softens the hair and reduces damage.
- It has a favourable scent.
- Consistency is on the thicker side. Not ideal for thin hair.
If you are looking for a product that will make your wavy and curly hair super silky and super bouncy. They make your curls frizz-free and damage free with each spray. It also refreshes and revives the curls. Also, the coils and waves are also replenished and moisturised too.
The shea butter enhances the revitaliser and comes with a fresh formula. It also hydrates and nourishes the scalp and offers touchable and bouncy hair. After using the cream, the hair does not feel crunchy even after styling. This product helps to fight damage and frizz. Besides, it also provides long-lasting moisture.
It also works better for permed, textured and colour-treated hair. The mineral oil feels weightless on the strands of your hair. They help to provide you with shinier and bouncier hair. It also prevents build-up and locks the style in the hair.
The mineral oil comes in a plastic bottle with a spray cap. This makes the application very easy. It also makes the pack travel friendly as the design is very compact.
- Moisturises and smoothes the hair.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Adds noticeable volume and makes the hair bouncy.
- Prevents build-up and locks in the style.
- Ideal for color-treated, Permed hair.
- Makes your curls frizz-free and damage-free.
- Feels weightless on the strands of your hair.
- Easy application.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- Works only for a short period of time.
If you are looking for a non-drying gel that does not damage your hair and provides added moisture and long-lasting control, then this is your product. This DevaCurl Defining gel is specially formulated to nourish your curls and provides a soft hold for the whole day. This styling gel is perfect for wavy, curly and super curly hair.
This product helps to reduce damage and control the frizz in your hair. You can style your hair with this DevaCurl Light hold gel enhanced with moisturising formula which surrounds you with a non-sticky and protective cast that eliminates the damage and defines the curl shape. The unique formula of the product is enriched with soy protein and wheat which retains the moisture and adds bounce to your hair.
The gel has a light and refreshing smell which feels like starfruit and mango. The gel comes in a plastic bottle with a pushdown and is suitable for kinky, curly and wavy hair.
The gel is 100% free of all kinds of sulphates, parabens and silicone. The product is also gluten-free and cruelty-free.
- Makes a protective and non-sticky cast on your hair.
- Eliminates frizz and reduces damage.
- Suitable for all curly hair types.
- Light and refreshing smell.
- Nourishes the curls and makes it soft the whole day.
- Enriched with wheat and soy protein.
- Convenient packaging.
- Little on the expensive side.
This MopTop’s Curly hair custard is the perfect confection for your waves, coils and curls. It helps to nourish and moisturise the hair even when styling it. It is completely formulated with natural ingredients and is free of harmful chemicals which protects your hair and prevents damage.
The product is enhanced with ingredients like silk amino acids, nettle and honey gives your curls definition and shine for wavy, kinky and curly hair. Additionally, the calming sea botanicals and restorative aloe nourishes your dry hair and helps lock the moisture. You can use the product for styling and restyling your hair without damage. It energises the water-soluble ingredients and provides a natural-looking shine.
The hair custard does not feel heavy on your hair and has a lightweight formula. It also hydrates the scalp and prevents build-up and breakage.
It is completely made of natural ingredients. Besides, it does not contain any kind of chemicals like phthalates, sulphates, parabens, dyes or silicone. It is also against animal cruelty and is associated with anti-violence programs.
- Nourishes and moisturises the hair when styling.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Prevents damage in the hair when treated with heat.
- Promotes natural shine.
- Enhanced with natural ingredients.
- Locks in moisture.
- Hydrates the scalp and prevents breakage.
- Parabens free.
- Bad packaging, the seal might be broken.
It is very difficult to have bouncy and voluminous hair if you have 2b hair type. But this curling mousse by Schwarkopf is a weightless product that will give you bouncy and frizz-free curls with ease. The product is ideal for curly, kinky and wavy hair.
The mousse adds incredible shine and effective bounce to the hair. The mousse works perfectly on the hair which gets messy and unmanageable on styling. The styling products are made of harmful chemicals which damages the hair. This mousse, if applied before styling makes a protective layer on the hair and prevents damage. The unique formula holds the curls and waves tight but does not feel tight on the strands of the hair.
The mousse makes the texture of the hair smooth and makes it damage-free even when you are styling it. It comes in a metal bottle with a spray cap. It also controls the frizz and reduces damage.
Along with these, it also makes the hair shinier and defines your curls.
- Mousse makes the texture of the hair smooth and reduces damage.
- Makes the strands weightless and shinier.
- Makes a protective layer on the hair.
- Manages the curls with ease.
- Eliminates frizz.
- Does not feel heavy on the hair.
- Does make the hair sticky or greasy.
- Gives definition to the curls.
- Does not work for super straight or silky hair.
If you do not want too styled hair and want your hair to have a natural look but that becomes impossible due to the frizz, this is the correct product for you. This reparative leave-in conditioner will work wonders for your hair. This product reduces the damage and controls the frizz effortlessly.
This leave-in conditioner works for all kinds of curly hair with ease. It nourishes the scalp and improves the texture of your hair. The hair is smoothened naturally which will let you wear your hair naturally without any styling. The conditioner is enhanced with coconut oil, mango butter, grapeseed oil and blueberry extracts which condition the curls and restores hydration.
The leave-in conditioner repairs the damage of the hair. It also conditions the curls and enhances the quality of the hair. It can be easily absorbed by your hair. It has a refreshing scent.
It is completely organic. It does not contain any harmful chemicals and is free of sulphates and phthalates.
- Prevents damage and repairs the natural texture of the hair.
- Enriched with natural oils.
- Completely organic.
- Free of harmful chemicals.
- Reduces frizz.
- Enhanced with natural ingredients.
- Great for curly, wavy and frizzy hair.
- Has a refreshing scent.
- Easily absorbed.
- Might tangle your hair if not washed for too long.
Moroccan oil is a US-based hair care company that makes products with the goodness of Moroccan Argan Oil. After the global popularity of their award-winning hair treatment formula, they have expanded to include body care along with hair care.
2b hair types generally include wavy hair types that have light but not defined curls. The 2b hair type is most commonly prone to frizziness. Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream deeply nourishes the hair to control the frizz and give defined waves and curls.
It can be used as a leave-in conditioner to add shine and definition to the hair. It contains argan oil and vegetable proteins that repair and moisturize the hair cuticles to give long-lasting, healthy-looking hair. The thick, creamy formula treats split ends, dryness and frizziness.
- Enriched with argan oil and vegetable proteins
- Gives the best defined curls
- Acts as the best moisturizer for hair cuticles
- Perfect to encounter split ends and dryness
- Comes in easy to use pump packaging
- Has a unique long-lasting fragrance
- A little product is required to get defined curls
- Contains sulfates and silicone. Therefore, it is not suitable for the Curly Girl Method.
- A bit expensive than other leave-in conditioners
When you have to take care of wavy or curly hair, you must consider using the ideal hairbrush with the correct cleaning and styling products. The wrong brush can make your hair look messier and frizzier.
This hairbrush is especially designed for wavy, curly, coily and kinky hair. Additionally, it reduces the frizz of the hair. The comb is featured with anti-static pin bristles which helps to detangle the hair easily. This also prevents the hair from breaking.
You can also use the brush in the shower to massage the scalp. It is resistant to high heat and can be used to style the hair with any kind of product. It is suitable for all hair kinds.
The brush has warranty and promises 100% money back or replacement in case of any issues.
- Curved and lightweight comb with durable bristles.
- Rubber handles improve grip.
- Resistant to heat and can be used with any kind of styling products.
- Detangles the hair easily.
- Made of long-lasting materials.
- Prevents shedding and breakage.
- Ideal for massaging the scalp.
- 100% money-back warranty.
- It is designed as a fine-toothed comb.
Cake Beauty is an Ontario, Canada based beauty brand. It is a woman-owned global company. All their products are completely vegan and cruelty-free and have natural and safe ingredients.
Cake Beauty Whipped Curl defining and volumizing mousse has a lightweight texture that adds volume and de-frizzes the hair without making it sticky or crunchy. The vitamin E and aloe vera infused formula adds hold and gives defined curls look to the hair. Vitamin E repairs dry, damaged hair cuticles to make each strand shiny and healthy-looking. It is a curly girl method (CGM) friendly and compatible with both air drying and blow drying.
- Includes vitamin E and aloe vera
- Ideal for best defined curls
- Avoids animal-based products
- CGM-friendly hair care product
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Made in Canada
- It is free from paraben, sulfate, talc and phthalates
- Easy to use pump packaging
- Nice, pleasantly scented
- Works well for 2b and 3b hair types
- Some people received the product without the cap
- The fragrance can be overpowering to some people
Things to Consider When Buying Products for 2b Hair
If yours is a 2b hair type with a blend of straight and wavy hair, you have to be more cautious to maintain it. And absolutely, choosing products specially designed for your mixed hair type will ease your job. But, it’s fundamental to gander at certain important factors to grab the best suitable product. Here, we gathered a few of them.
Usually, hair care products with assorted concoctions include sulfates for lather. Yet, too much sulfate composition in the shampoos, conditioners, creams, or gels is harmful to your hair. They let off the moisture from the hair and make your already dry hair much lifeless. Moreover, these ruinous chemicals can drain off the dye from your color-treated hair. So, we recommend you stay away from sulfate-containing products.
Not only sulfates, but you should also even avoid chemicals like parabens, mineral oils, silicones, and petroleum-based compounds as they may damage the curls of your hair.
Your 2b hair may be thick, medium, or thin. And based on this texture, the wavy appearance and maintenance vary. For instance, thin hair looks lean and dry often, and you have to choose a product that gives a volumized, smooth, and neater outlook.
On the other hand, thick hair that entails tough styling needs appropriate hair care essentials for better maintenance and outlook. So, don’t forget to consider this texture when purchasing the perfect hair care product.
Porosity is the ability of the hair to retain moisture within. Coming to your 2b hair, it is less porous when compared to other kinds of type 2 hair. And so, it looks dry and is easily prone to frizz, locks, and tangles. Therefore, be mindful of this porosity criterion to purchase the best product for 2b hair.
Ensure that your product has sufficient ingredients which increase the porosity and enhance the hydration or moisture levels in the hair. Also, if you want to rejuvenate your hair, have a glance at the moisturizing labels when looking for a shampoo or a conditioner.
Ingredients to look for
While the 2b hair is less porous, dry, and frizzy, it needs high amounts of hydration. And yes, as the wavy tresses do not look voluminous, you can use products that enhance their size and patterns. Therefore, pick the products which contain specific ingredients that fulfill your favorable desires.
For instance, moisturizing agents like aloe vera, glycerine, alcohols, and other plant extracts seal moisture within your hair. Here are some other key ingredients which can minimize the roughness and aid in healthy hair growth.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine
- Sodium Cocoamphoacetate
- Lauryl Hydroxysultaine
- Coco Betaine
- Cetyl Alcohol
- Lauryl Alcohol
- Behenyl Alcohol
So, ensure that the hair care product comprises these chemical ingredients. Also, look for plant extracts like –
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
- Soy protein
- Blueberry extracts
- Grapeseed oil
- Argan oil
Being rich in ample amounts of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutritional minerals, they are found to nourish, moisturize, and smoothen your straight cum rippled hair.
Amount of Ingredients
To check the effective performance of any product, its composition and also the amount of ingredients matter a lot. Usually, any hair care product shows the list of ingredients on its pack with decreasing order of their concentration. So, the one at the top of the list which is in higher amounts in the product will be the primary ingredient. So, this way, you can check this main constituent and choose the right product based on your hair needs.
For instance, if you are looking for a moisturizing shampoo, ensure that the moisturizing agents occupy the topmost among the ingredients. And if you want a frizz-free hair care spray, then be mindful of the vast amounts of detanglers in it.
Are you Allergic?
If you are allergic and have sensitive scalp and hair, you have to grab the best product for your wavy and straight combination hair with utmost care. And, you have to avert hair care merchandise which has harsh and harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, etc.
If you are not aware of such allergic ingredients in any product, but use it unknowingly, then you experience bad results like irritation, redness, and hair issues. So, we also suggest you perform a sample patch test on your skin and check if it irritates you or not. If you observe any such things, please stop and avoid using the product. Otherwise, you can go ahead with further use. Though this seems to be very simple and trivial, it’s a mandatory step as it intends for your extreme safety.
As we insist, the type 2b hair becomes dry often and is more prone to tangles and frizz. So, it is good to have detangling ingredients like shea butter, hydrolyzed proteins, and fatty alcohols in any products you need. But, be careful to check their amounts. At the right concentrations, they are supposed to smoothen the hair strands and detangle them.
Moreover, you can also go for a wide-toothed detangling comb that has anti-static pin bristles. Such a comb not only releases the knots and tangles of your hair but also prevents hair breakage. But, ensure that it has an ergonomic and lightweight design for feasible use.
Upon using proper detangling products, you can easily control the unmanageable waves and curls of your type 2b hair.
Did you ever check the consistency before purchasing a product? Check the reviews of the hair care products when buying next time because the consistency of the shampoo, conditioner, cream, gel, or others may not match with your hair texture.
If you have thin hair, a product with thick consistency won’t work, and for your thick hair, a product with thin consistency does not feel good. So, make the right buy by considering the consistency-based reviews and past experiences from your closed ones.
Lightweight formulas are more preferable for any hair type as they do not let your hair weigh down. So, consider the lightweight creams, shampoos, or gels that are lightweight, easy to apply, and last well on your hair.
You’ll always feel like using a reliable product if it is pleasant and feasible to use. So, you can consider the products which have a refreshing and aromatic scent. But, make sure that they infuse natural fragrances instead of synthetic perfumes upfront to avoid irritations.
Curly Girl Method (CGM)
It is a method of a natural hair routine that maintains and brings out the innate curls completely. It includes the dos and don’ts of the processes and ingredients suitable for curly girls. Some products do mention that they are compatible with this CGM. Many ladies prefer to use such hair care items that ease up the curly hairdressing and hairstyling processes.
For a better 2b hair care, we suggest you follow the recommendations of your hair professionals and also the online and offline reviews of the assorted products available.
How to Care for the 2b Hair with the Best Products?
The 2b wavy hair is easy to care for and maintain if you follow this timely routine.
- Washing hair with the right shampoo – Wash your wavy, dry, and frizzy hair with a sulfate-free mild, and gentle shampoo because the harsh ones may damage your hair. Also, as the oils from 2b hair strip off easily, it becomes frizzy. And so, use hydrating products which maintain better moisture retention and oil lock-up.
- Timely use of conditioner – Use lightweight conditioners to make the 2b hair smooth and hydrated. Make sure to apply conditioner every time you wash with a mild shampoo.
- Towel dry the hair appropriately – Instead of rubbing it with effort, just tap dry the wet hair with a towel. So, there won’t be a chance of much frizz. Also, wrap the towel around your hair and remain it for some time so that the towel soaks excess water. Ensure that you use a microfiber towel or a soft cloth made of gentle fabric to dry your hair.
- Avoid brushing the wet hair – Do not brush your wet hair with a comb because you will lose your hair. Also, the wavy or curly patterns also get lost. So, remove the tangles and knots before washing or after towel-drying.
- Apply leave-in conditioners – Leave-in hair conditioners work well even for your type 2b hair to make it shinier and damage-free. If you have finer and thin hair, a regular conditioner can function as a leave-in conditioner as it is lightweight and does not weigh the hair strands down. The leave-in conditioners also work as the best heat protectants.
- Serum now and then – The best way to hydrate your dry 2b hair is to apply a serum. It not only makes your hair hydrated but also assures protection from frizz. Just a pea-sized amount of serum is sufficient to protect the 2b hair textures. Simply rub your hands with serum and apply it evenly to your hair starting at the ends to the mid shafts.
- Define your curls – You can define the wavy curls with mousse, which is a hairstyling product to stiffen or style the hair. But, check the ingredients before purchasing it for a feasible and comfortable application.
- Use dry shampoo – A dry shampoo can be used even without washing. It helps to enhance your wavy patterns and also refresh the hair roots. Moreover, it works better by absorbing the build-up of the shampoos, conditioners, and hair styling products.
- Style your pattern with salt sprays – Salt sprays give an excellent beachy wavy look by enhancing its bouncing view. But, be careful to air dry your hair after washing and then apply the spray when it’s a bit damp.
- Wavy finishing by a paste or a pomade – You can also use pomades or pastes to support the waves. However, most of them are highly concentrated, and so you have to be cautious about the amount you apply. It’s preferred to use it on completely dry hair for a finishing touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
A 2b hair is the hair that looks straight from its roots and is wavy from the middle to the end. It can be thick, thin, or medium in texture and mostly has an S-shaped definition. Characteristically, it is less porous and so it becomes dry, frizzy, and tangled often. Therefore, it is a bit difficult to manage and style the 2b hair.
During humid weather conditions, the 2b hair tends to be frizzy and rough. Thereby, it becomes dull and unmanageable. So, you have to use a moisturizing and conditioning product for your hair for easy handling.
The wavy hair has S-shaped patterns at the bottom ends of the hair. Whereas, the curly hair has ringlet-like coiled structures at the ends. Besides, the waves are away from the root of the hair but the curly coils appear near the roots of the hair. The 2b hair type is distinctive with waves but not the curls.
Any single-layered cut is suitable for the 2b hair type. And, it appears thin at the lower ends when cut in different layers.
Usually, a 2b hair is more evident with frizz upon improper washing and care. So, you have to use a mild shampoo and conditioner for better cleaning. It’s good to use products with argan oil and elastin protein which protect the tresses from humidity. They also make your hair easy to style. Moreover, you can also remove the frizz by applying a smoothing serum after your shower for a glossy finish.
Yes, you can use a diffuser to blow dry your 2b hair. But, we recommend setting the heat on medium to low. Also, use a lower speed spectrum for safe and comfortable results. Otherwise, it gets tangled and knotted easily. Be cautious to hold the diffuser in an upright position and start the movements vertically to push the waves up.
If you have 2b hair, use a deep conditioner after washing the hair. 5 minutes later, comb it with a wide-tooth comb to avoid breakage. Moreover, you can also clean and scrub the scalp once in two weeks. For every week, apply a leave-in conditioner to make it smooth. If your hair seems to be dry, use a styling product to enhance your waves for an outstanding appearance.
Ans: The 2b hair type tends to get frizzy and rough with a slight humidity in the weather. This makes the hair unmanageable and it looks dull. By using a moisturising or conditioning product, the hair becomes easy to handle.
Ans: The curly hair has ringlet-like structures at the bottom end of your hair. The wavy hair forms an s shape pattern at the bottom end of the hair. The curly coils near the root and the wavy hair forms waves away from the root.
Ans: The 2b hair has medium thickness in the hair. It is more defined as the s shape. It is harder to manage this kind of hair. It is also prone to fizz.
Ans: It is better to not cut the hair in layers. It is more suitable for the hair to be cut in one length. The layer structure of the hair will make it appear thin at the lower end of the hair.
If you have 2b hair, you should have double distinctive maintenance to keep up your straight hair and wavy appearance. Yet, it’s not going to be a daunting task anymore as we have shortlisted the best products for your 2b hair care. Of them, we recommend purchasing the OGX Locking + Coconut Curls Air Dry Cream to style up your 2b hair. With superb natural ingredients, it is safe to use and bounce up your waves without any chemical treatments.
Want to try others? You can even consider the other best products and view the buying guide to know more about your 2b hair and care. Still, if you are uncertain about any of the concerned reviews or information, put your comments, suggestions, and queries here in the comment section. Also, we await your appreciation and experiences if you have used any of the best products in our list.