Cordless flat irons are the perfect alternative for people who travel a lot, be it for vacationing or on business.
They are portable, compact and light in weight. So, you can just carry them in your bag anywhere you want and use whenever you need a hair styling touch up.
When it comes to a new pair or upgrade the old one, to choose the best cordless flat iron, we recommend considering the below factors…
1. Battery Time
Before making a purchase, check out how much time the flat iron can work continuously on a full charge. Most of the models available have around 30 to 45 minutes of battery time. It is better to choose a model with higher battery time.
2. Charging Time
It represents the amount of time it takes to charge up the flat iron completely. Usually, flat irons take 1 to 3 hours for complete charge. It is better to choose a model with less charging time.
For more detail information, we recommend checking out the “Buying Guide”. It has all the necessary information required to make the right choice.
Using the same, we have shortlisted the best cordless flat irons for your reference. A detail review of these products is also provided.
Best Cordless Flat Irons 2021
|Cordless flat iron||Plate material||Plate width||Maximum|
|Conair Cordless Flat Iron||Ceramic||1 inch||400C||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|PRITECH Cordless Flat Iron||Ceramic||0.5||210C||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|REVLON Cordless Flat Iron||Ceramic||0.5||400C||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Cordless Flat Irons Reviews
Conair hair styling tools like auto curlers, hot airbrushes, and flat irons are always innovative. And this Conair cordless flat iron of standard size is no way an exception. It straightens your hair perfectly right within no time.
Design and Build
It is a sleek and cordless flat iron with 3*4.5*12.25 inches dimensions. So, you can easily place it in your handbag or gym bag when traveling.
It’s so perfectly designed to make it user-friendly and equips a LED temperature setting display, charging indication, and switch lock. Besides, you will have 100% safety usage as it has a heat-resistant pouch and you don’t feel warm when handling.
As the flat iron comes with a USB charger and two Lithium batteries, you can simply recharge it and use it anywhere.
Being made of Titanium plates, it gets heated up quickly. You have to charge overnight before using it for the first time. Upon full charging, you can use this cordless flat iron for 25 minutes.
It works at different temperatures of 280℉, 320℉, 360℉, and 400 ℉. You can easily set the desired temperature as per your hairstyle and texture. Once done with your styling, it shuts off automatically in 15 minutes to save battery life.
Overall, you’ll have a smooth and shiny hairstyle by this simple hassle-free flat iron. However, for better assistance and flattening effect, we recommend using a comb as a guide.
- Dimensions – 3*4.5*12.25 inches
- Plate Material – Titanium plates
- Plate Width – 1 inch
- Maximum Temperature – 400 ℉
- Good straightening and curly effects
- It comes with a thick cloth case.
- Portable and better for travel use
- A little bit heavier
- The battery does not last long.
- It beeps a lot.
- Durability is not satisfactory.
Design and Build
This mini cordless flat iron looks cute with an elegant design and classy appearance. It’s designed with many feasible features for better and easy usage.
It has three adjustable temperature settings to set the temperature for a customized hairstyle. Besides, it equips a special anti-false trigger that prevents automatic switch on when carrying.
With its USB-C charging cable, it takes 4 hours for a full charge. It assures the best run-time of about 25-30 minutes that may vary with hairstyle and environment.
It’s well useful even in travel, work, salon, parties, and every other location to get an instant beautiful look.
This flat iron is specialized with 0.78-inch triple-coated ceramic plates that heat up fast within 5 minutes. It uses a 4800 mAH Lithium battery that lasts longer.
With three distinctive temperature ranges of 165℃, 185℃, and 210℃, it styles your hair efficiently. Yet, it has better safety features for comfortable use.
- Dimensions – 10.04*3.35*3.54 inches
- Plate Material – Ceramic
- Plate Width – 0.78 inches
- Maximum Temperature – 210℃
So, we recommend using this small and cute flat iron if you want a quick hairstyle touch up. As it’s the best travel-friendly model, it is most useful for busy ladies who often go for business or personal trips.
- Ideal for various hairstyles
- Travel safety lock
- Three-level temperature settings
- Ceramic plates for fast heating
- Auto shut-off
- It comes with a velvet bag for storage and travel.
- It’s not suitable for very thick hair.
- Not ideal for professional use
- You should not use it when charging.
- It hurts your hands sometimes.
Revlon hair-care products have great reviews all over the world. With its reliable cordless flat iron, you can have effortless fast hairstyles without any damage.
Design and Build
This cordless designed product is stylish to look at with its attractive pink color and compact size. Being small in size, you can simply store it in your handbag, purse, bathroom, or closet.
It also has an easy-to-charge USB for better use wherever you are.
As it includes easy-to-use buttons for temperature and power control settings, you’ll be comfortable using it without any confusion and troubles.
It uses a Tourmaline Ceramic coating technology that heats up instantly in five minutes and boosts your hair shine.
With appropriate charging, it has an effective run time for up to 30 minutes for personalized styling. As it has varying temperature readings of 320℉, 360℉, and 400℉, you can definitely have straight and curly hairstyles irrespective of your hair texture.
- Dimensions – 2.95*5.4*15.4 inches
- Plate Material – Tourmaline-Ceramic plates
- Plate Width – 0.75 inches
- Maximum Temperature – 400℉
This trustworthy branded flat iron will be your best hairstyle companion with its powerful heating technology and standard durable use.
- Best rechargeable flat iron
- Straight and curly hairstyles
- Small and portable
- Sturdy and durable
- Charging does not hold longer.
- It could have been better if it had larger flat pads.
How to Choose a Cordless Flat Iron?
The only best way to choose a cordless flat iron is to consider different factors. We have mentioned them below with a detail description. Go through this information to make the right choice.
1. Plate Construction
Similar to regular flat irons, cordless options also come with plates with different materials. Some of the options are mentioned below.
- Ceramic – It is well-known for distributing heat throughout the plates. So, it doesn’t lead to any damage or burns.
- Titanium – These plates heat up pretty quickly so you can complete the styling process quickly. They also last pretty long. However, it is not cause hair damage.
- Tourmaline – This option is suitable for frizzy hair also shines up hair a little bit.
2. Charging and Battery Time
When it comes to a cordless device, these are the two factors to consider while making the purchase. The first thing how much battery time it provides. On an average, a cordless flat iron comes with 30 minutes to 45 minutes of battery time which is mostly suitable for styling hair. Now consider the charging time. It takes around 1 to 3 hours for a complete recharge. You can choose a model based on your preference.
3. Battery Type
Cordless flat irons come in two different batteries that include butane and rechargeable.
- Butane Cartridge – They are the most convenient option as they charge up with electricity and provide unexpected styling session. They can last up to 3 to 6 months before replacing them.
- Rechargeable Battery – They come with an in-built lithium battery which need to be recharged with electricity recharged with electricity for operation.
You can choose any option among them based on your requirements and preferences.
4. Charging Port Type
Cordless flat irons come with mainly two types of charging ports that include apin and USB. If you want to connect the cordless flat iron anywhere then USB is the right choice. Using it, you can connect it to computer, laptop or even your car’s charging system.
5. Heat Settings
It is better to invest in a cordless flat iron that has multiple heat settings. So that you can operate the straightener as per your hair styling requirements.
Well cordless flat iron is usually preferred by people who travel around regularly. So, it is obvious to choose a light weight model. You carry them easily in your bag and use whenever you need a touch up.
It is always better if your product comes with a warranty. This just makes the product more reliable as compared to others.
How does a Cordless Flat Iron Work?
Well, the operation of a cordless hair straighter is quite simple. They operate based on the batteries and mostly come with lithium-ion batteries. Some of the brands come with full charged batteries which have to be charged once the battery is drained. Some of the models come with rechargeable batteries. As the name implies, you can recharge and use them for several years.
Some of these models can also be connected a power source using a USB cable which makes it easy to charge. You can also plug them into laptop and while driving. Some of these hair straighteners can be plugged into a power bank as well. The charging time of a cordless flat iron can vary between 1 to 3 hours maximum.
How Can I Clean a Flat Iron?
For cleaning the flat iron, all you need is cotton balls, warm damp cloth and alcohol. And below is the process you have to follow.
- If plugged, unplug the flat iron from the socket.
- Make sure the plates are completely cool before staring the cleaning procedure.
- Now dip few cotton balls in the alcohol.
- Gently rub them over the plates for cleaning them.
- Using a damp cloth, clean the plates properly and dry it.
Is Cordless Flat Iron Suitable for All Hair Types?
Compared to regular wired hair straighteners, cordless options don’t come with temperature variations which can be an issue with thick and long hair. This option is only suitable for people who have to touch their style during their travels.
Advantages & Limitations of Cordless Flat Irons
Now that you have decided to invest in a cordless flat iron let us look at some of its advantages.
- Compact size can fit anywhere
- Easily portable, a great option for traveling
- Great device for touch-ups even during the humid season
- Usually comes with replaceable batteries or comes with battery backups
- Can be conveniently charged with USB cording.
- Cannot be used during the charging process
- Plates are very small and this doesn’t make it suitable for thick long hair
- Does not heat up enough
Frequently Asked Questions:
No, while usually most cordless charges come with a replaceable battery so there is no hassle of charging.
This is a great option for touch ups. Due to its small size, it does not make it an ideal option for thick long hair.
Finally, we conclude the article and the bottom line is cordless flat irons are the best option for travelling and quick touch ups. This innovative tool can be a bit difficult to find but we hope our guide article will serve the purpose.
Among all these listed products we have our favourite and that is Conair MiniPRO Cordless 3/4-inch Ceramic Flat Iron. This is small, compact and just takes 2 seconds to heat up. And unlike other devices, this can heat up to 419C.